Community College of Aurora (CCA) and The Learning Source (TLS) will be offering GED® preparation classes at the Center for Workforce Development (CFWD) on the Lowry Campus, North Quad, Building 901. The Fall 2014 semester will start on September 15, 2014 and ends December 19, 2014. Classes are held Monday through Friday (9:00 a.m. to 12-Noon), and evening classes are Monday through Thursday (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.). The GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers.
GED® Preparation Information:
- The GED® test will be taken exclusively on the computer.
- The test must be taken in-person at approved testing centers only.
- The GED® test is aligned with new state standards, so those that pass demonstrate they meet rigorous standards of high school completion and college and career readiness.
- Test takers will get their scores reported back the same day they test, within 3 hours of completion.
- Scores will provide detailed personalized feedback on specific skills that can be improved for a higher score, and targeted study recommendations.
- GED® preparation will focus on critical thinking and problem solving skills, testing 4 content areas:
• Reasoning through Language Arts
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Social Studies
Center for Workforce Development Contact Information:
Joyce Benson-Fox, Director (Ph): 303-340-7043 . (Fax): 303-340-7049 . (e-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Workforce Development/Community College of Aurora/Lowry Campus
9202 E. Severn Place, North Quad/Bldg 901/Room 200, Denver, CO 80230
(Main Office): 303-340-7040