Center for Workforce Development
Community College of Aurora (CCA) and The Learning Source (TLS) will be offering Adult Basic Education and GED® preparation classes at the Center for Workforce Development on the Lowry Campus.
The GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers.
GED® Preparation Information:
- The GED® test will be taken exclusively on the computer.
- The test must be taken in-person at approved testing centers only.
- The GED® test is aligned with new state standards, so those that pass demonstrate they meet rigorous standards of high school completion and college and career readiness.
- Test takers will get their scores reported back the same day they test, within 3 hours of completion.
- Scores will provide detailed personalized feedback on specific skills that can be improved for a higher score, and targeted study recommendations.
- GED® preparation will focus on critical thinking and problem solving skills, testing 4 content areas: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, Social Studies
For additional information regarding enrollment into the ABE/GED program, please contact Janet Paulson, Program Coordinator, Center for Workforce Development, 303-340-7047 email@example.com
For general information regarding the Center for Workforce Development, contact:
Joyce Benson-Fox, Director
Or Barbara Guion, Program Assistant
The GED® Test is offered at:
Aurora Public Schools Testing Center
Pickens Technical College, 500 Airport Blvd, Building E. Aurora, CO 80011
Testing Coordinator: Diane Johnson 303.326.2112