Job Title: Director of Information Technology Services
Position Number: 200160
Position Status: Exempt
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Administrative Services
Supervises: IT Department Staff Members
Located near the beautiful Rock Mountains of the front range of Colorado, the Community College of Aurora resides in one of the fastest growing suburbs of the Denver metropolitan area. The college is a progressive, dynamic, culturally diverse institution experiencing rapid growth, but with a strong commitment to high quality education and student success.
Position Summary : Provide guidance to college staff and serve as the Subject Matter Expert on all technology-related issues at the college. Make strategic recommendations regarding CCA’s technology investments based on business needs, current trends and other input. Communicate with a variety of stakeholders regarding technology needs, business requirements and operational activities. Provide a customer-centric focus to the IT Department and its constituents. Work with IT staff to develop their technical, business and communication skills. Create a collaborative environment with CCA constituents including both academic and functional/service areas. This person must demonstrate a good understanding of technology infrastructure requirements and current technology trends, as appropriate in a community college setting.
This person will assist in analyzing college-wide and individual user’s computing needs, and the appropriateness and supportability of hardware and software systems. Develop short and long range goals for hardware, software, and infrastructure upgrades throughout the college. Coordinate technical support for all hardware installation and repair, software installation and systems configuration. Maintain inventory records for college information technology resources and promotes proper inventory practices. Remain current with system-wide technology development projects, and choose products and resources appropriate for the college’s mission. Propose and administer the annual budget for IT resources. Work closely with Learning and Academic Affairs to determine appropriate computer resources to facilitate effective classroom instruction. Manage department workload, course schedules, and meeting deadlines. Works closely with the Colorado Community College System IT Staff, to ensure the optimum integration of all college-owned computer systems with the system wide infrastructure, applications, and business processes. Through the CCCS Information Technology Committee (ITC) collaborates with other college IT Directors and System IT staff to develop system-wide policies and identify potential solutions to business problems that impact all colleges.
Duties and Responsibilities :
40% Supervise, support and evaluate the organizational components of Information Technology Support Services.
15% Effectively manage all operating budgets under the direct responsibility of the Director of Information Technology.
10% Build and maintain channels of communication within all the operational areas at CCA.
10% Develop, implement, and maintain college processes and procedures, as it pertains to Information Technology, focusing on student success, student retention, and operation excellence while insuring compliance with federal, state and CCCS policies and procedures.
10% Work with the V.P. of Administrative Services to develop both short term goals and long term strategic planning for the department.
5% Ensure that Information Technology Support Services personnel possess and maintain the required level of knowledge through either formal or informal training opportunities.
5% Interacts with college and system constituents if problems escalate to resolve service issues.
5% Completion of other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the V.P. of Administrative Services
- Must have on-call availability as required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Equipment Used: Standard Information Technology and computer related tools including computer keyboard and mouse, cabling tools, hand tools, ladders, and other tools common to the Information Technology field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about new technologies
Required Qualfications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Masters of Business Administration with technology as a core component.
- Certifications, University Coursework or Experience in the following (your resume must list this experience):
business process improvement
data/network security or other industry level certifications
- 5 years’ experience managing and/or directing an IT department.
- 10-12 years overall IT experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: (Note: your resume must list the following experience)
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Experience working in a mixed OS platform environment (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience managing and implementing virtualization technologies (VMWare, Citrix, etc.)
- Experience with shared data store infrastructure (SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Experience managing and implementing Audio / Video technologies
- Experience managing Active Directory environments (experience with mixed Active Directory and Open Directory environments a plus).
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
College/University experience preferred
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: We offer a very competitive salary based on education and experience. The salary and benefits will be negotiated with the candidate who is selected for this position. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until February 28, 2014. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to Attn: Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu.
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
CCA Mission: “The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”