Business Faculty (9-Month)
Full-Time Contract for Mid-Year 2013-2014 Academic Year - Business Faculty
POSITION TITLE: Regular Nine-Month Faculty – Business
POSITION #: 300220
FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Business Department Chair
SUPERVISES: May be assigned supervisory responsibilities
****This position will begin mid-year in the 2013-2014 academic year
(January 2014 start date) and is contingent upon funding ****
The Community College of Aurora is looking for an enthusiastic professional to join the Business Department as a full time 9-month faculty. The ideal candidate will have a related advanced degree and successful industry experience with increasing supervisory experience where they encouraged, trained and motivated others. These attributes will be applied to the classroom setting; this position places strong emphasis on an interest in and desire to teach business and management classes.
The ideal candidate will be able to interface with students, community and executives in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching general business and management courses; experience teaching Business Statistics would be beneficial. The candidate will demonstrate strong computer skills, an ability to learn and adapt to new technology and programs and to integrate them into the classroom environment. The successful candidate must possess familiarity with the issues facing the business professional today, the use of technology in the business field and a strong commitment to teaching, scholarship and community. The successful candidate will also have relevant experience in curriculum design, assessment and promoting student success This position may require evenings and/or weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement curriculum for classes and programs that meet student and community needs;
- Maintain accurate and timely records of student performance in classes;
- Infuse curriculum with technology;
- Actively engage students in the learning process;
- Contribute to the processes of instructional planning, assessment and curriculum review
- Pursue continued professional development both in subject matter and instructional methods;
- Support student activities, serve on committees and attend meetings called by the President, Vice-President of Instruction, Dean and/or Chair; assist the Chair with other activities as assigned.
- Supervise online and face to face course offerings;
- Recruit, train, evaluate and supervise adjunct faculty;
- Develop partnerships with businesses and community organizations;
- Maintain partnerships with colleges and universities to promote transfer and articulation agreements;
- Participate in and assist in the implementation of Community College of Aurora and Business Department strategic initiatives
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Business, Management or a related field
- At least 3 years of business experience (within the past 7 years) demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of experience in teaching Business or Management courses at a college or university
- Demonstrated ability to encourage, train and motivate others
- Doctorate degree in the areas of Business, Management or Education
- Experience or desire to teach Business Statistics
- Prior supervisory experience (within the past 7 years)
- Prior experience teaching at a community college
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in partnering with public and/or private entities
- Experience with grants
Anticipated Start Date: The successful candidate will begin work in January 2014, contingent on funding.
Range is in the low $40’s to low $50’s depending on experience and education.CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter, specifically addressing the position requirements, and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until November 8. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
If you have any questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@CCAurora.edu.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”