Position Title: Instructor (part-time) - GED
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Center for Workforce Development
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
The Community College of Aurora is looking for someone to teach assigned GED open enrollment classes. Note: All sections will be on campus. In addition, we are looking for someone who believes in the success of all students, while maintaining the educational standards set forth by the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Teach assigned GED open enrollment classes in keeping with community college philosophy; all sections will be on campus.
- Abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all components of the course master syllabus.
- At the first class meeting, provide pre-test assessments of all students. At the last class meeting, provide post-test assessments of all students.
- By the end of the first week of class, provide the division with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records according to published deadlines.
- Attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Department Chair, Dean or Vice President for Instruction.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required by CCA’s Professional Development Plan.
In order to perform the essential functions of this position, the individual must possess the ability to effectively communicate, concentrate, pay attention to detail, instruct/teach and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Ability to lead with vision and possess innovative qualities will be extremely valuable.
- B.A. in Education or a related field.
- Master's Degree in Education or related field.
- Teaching experience with adult learners.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: $24.00 per hour
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until final candidates have been identified or it has been filled.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to Diane.Postell@ccaurora.edu
US Mail: Community College of Aurora
Attn: Diane Postell
9202 E. Severn Place
Bldg. 901 Room 200
Denver, CO 80230
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”