POSITION TITLE: Instructor (part-time) – Anatomy & Physiology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative faculty to teach classes and encourage the success of all students, while maintaining the educational standards set forth by the department. Lecturers in this position will provide instruction in assigned classes according to an established course model. They will teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy, while upholding the values of CCA, and abiding by all relevant college, CCCS, and SBCCOE policies and procedures. Instructors will be expected to provide quality teaching, and attend departmental/divisional/ instruction-wide meetings and required faculty development activities, such as New Faculty Orientation. In addition, the instructor will evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus, maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students, and submit required records according to published deadlines, as well as conduct student evaluations of instruction as required by the college.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy.
- Abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all
- components of the course master syllabus.
- By the end of the first week of class, provide the division with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the
- course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records
- according to published deadlines.
- Attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Department Chair,
- Dean or Vice President for Instruction.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete “New
- Faculty Orientation” during their first year.
- A Master’s degree in the content or related area is required.
- College level teaching experience in Anatomy and Physiology is required.
Current Salary Rate: $702.00 per credit hour
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2014
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements, and a current resume to: email@example.com.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
CCA Mission: The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment.