Position Title: Server Administrator (Full-Time)
Position Number: 240100
Position Status: Exempt FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Supervises: May supervise department staff and work study students.
The position will design, install, administer, and optimize servers and related components to maintain performance for business applications; ensure the availability of client/server applications; configure new implementations; develop processes and procedures for management of the server environment; and catalog operating system hardware and software configurations and supporting documentation. This position will act as the college’s Backup Administrator; create back up procedures for system servers and the databases; monitor backup processes; and maintain archive files.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Administration and support of College information systems running Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2 operating systems.
- Administration and support of backup systems and software. Develop and implement effective backup strategies for College Systems.
- Develop and establish disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, and human interference.
- Administration and support of Microsoft Active Directory/LDAP and Domain Controllers in a distributed environment.
- Administration and optimization of Active Directory group policy, OU structure, and login/logout scripts.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of College systems for training, development and production environments.
- Implement software upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations for hardware, software,network and process/procedure improvements.
- Adjust system parameters to obtain optimum performance for the specific situation. Analyze software, subsystem, and platform problems using resources from system manuals, software tools, state personnel, internet, vendors, and manufacturer's documentation to keep systems online and functioning properly.
- Monitor, assess, and mitigate server and platform security related issues.
- Research and analyze technologies to support the College in the implementation of those technologies in support of college business needs by studying trade journals, attending seminars or training, meeting with vendors and other business representatives, evaluating hardware and software during trial periods, and determining whether or not the product meets the College’s requirements.
- Management and ownership of key College critical systems such as
- VMware, SAN systems, Citrix servers, domain controllers, file servers, SQL servers and core infrastructure components.
- Assist the Network Infrastructure Administrator, Systems Administrator and Telecommunication Administrator in maintaining Network and Telephony functionality in support of the College.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelors Degree or a combination of related education and experience.
- Minimum of three years experience in computer systems technology and network management
- MCSE, MCP, Citrix, VMWare and A+ certification preferred.
- In your application material, please list experience in computer systems technology and/or network management as well as any certifications you have obtained.
- Advanced degree and/or certifications in the IT industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to Administer MS SQL 2005, 2008 R2, and SQL Express databases to include clustering and mirroring.
- Experience in the installation, administration and support of Enterprise systems with working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications.
- Citrix, XenApp and XenDesktop system administration experience.
- VMWare vSphere, vCenter, and ESX 4.x/5.x+ server experience.
- Windows 2003/2008/2008R2 Server Administration preferred.
- Experience with scripting and automation of installations and routine tasks.
- Experience in a higher education computing environment.
is $40’s to mid $50’s. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: http://resources.cccs.edu/employee-resources/employee-benefits/
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until filled. Resumes received by April 4, 2014 will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu.
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
“The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment.”