POSITION TITLE: Director of Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development
POSITION #: 200110
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Grants and Planning
SUPERVISES: Staff as assigned
The Director of Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development will work closely with faculty and staff members, including instructional deans, department chair persons, program directors, and student affairs personnel, to strengthen and expand their community partnerships, to increase their capacity to respond to partnership obligations and opportunities, and to help design and implement their externally funded projects. The Director will be responsible for developing, submitting, and tracking the funding applications for these projects and for maintaining and reporting information about college grants and partnerships to the college leadership and to the Colorado Community College System. She/he will partner with fiscal affairs to orient grant recipients to their grant management responsibilities. The Director will need to be a good writer and a self-starter capable of working both internally and externally to the college. The ability to manage the grant development process and to meet grant deadlines is vital.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist faculty and staff to strengthen and expand their strategic partnerships, including those supporting college instructional programs, student affairs, and the preparation of the area’s workforce.
- Represent the college at various events and meetings related to strategic partnerships and grant development.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with a diversity of organizations and individuals in areas of strategic importance to the college.
- Collaborate with college faculty and staff to develop the partnerships, projects, applications, and budgets to successfully respond to grant opportunities.
- Collaborate with college staff to track, monitor, and report grant applications and grant implementation.
- Partner with fiscal affairs to orient grant recipients to their grant fiscal management responsibilities.
- Work with the Colorado Community College System to manage CCA’s Colorado First and Existing Industry grants.
- Collaborate with college staff to update and maintain the college-wide partnership list, grants database, and department website.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Grants and Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams of people to conceptualize and implement new ideas and to turn those ideas into successful projects and/or grant proposals.
- Demonstrated understanding of grants management, including fiscal management, and the ability to convey this understanding to new grant recipients.
- Established record of the development, writing, preparation, and timely submission of successful grant proposals, including budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Must provide a recent writing sample, preferably a funded proposal or similar document with resume.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of faculty and staff, including those who do not have a background expanding partnerships or in project and resource development and those who may not be familiar with potential partners in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse organizations and individuals across the community including non-profits, business and industry, education, and government.
- Demonstrated competence in computer software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and related web-tools.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Flexibility to work on both the CentreTech and Lowry campuses and to travel within the metro area.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and apply information to the development and management of strategic partnerships and externally-funded projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of higher education including instruction, enrollment management, and student retention.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and accomplishments of community colleges.
- Experience in collaborating with teams (including program staff, writers, fiscal staff, and evaluators) to plan, submit, and implement grant proposals.
- Basic knowledge of the issues, conditions, and resources in CCA’s service area and the Denver-Aurora metro area.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural community or work setting.
- Basic knowledge of the subject matter and perspective that are frequently the focus of CCA’s partnership and resource development efforts (Examples: science and technology, the arts and humanities, healthcare, criminal justice and public service, development education and English as a Second Language).
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by the Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Anticipated Salary range is in the high $50’s to low $60’s, depending on experience and education.CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits
Deadline to Submit Application Material:
This position will remain posted until final candidates have been identified or it has been filled. It is anticipated that application review will begin on February 22, 2013. Please email HR@CCAurora.edu
with any questions regarding this position.
Application Process: To apply:
Please email a cover letter, specifically addressing the position requirements
, a writing sample
(preferably a funded proposal or similar document), and a professional resume
to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
. Please note that application material will not be considered if a writing sample is not included.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”