POSITION TITLE: Student Achievement Coach (Grant Funded through June 2014)
POSITION NUMBER: 231110
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academic Affairs
School of Professional Studies and Sciences
SUPERVISES: May be assigned supervisory responsibilities
****This position is grant funded for the 2013-2014 academic year ****
The Community College of Aurora is looking for an enthusiastic professional to join theSchool of Professional Studies and Sciences as a full time Student Achievement Coach. The School of Professional Studies and Sciences serves the Art and Design, Computer Science, Colorado Film School, Business, Math and Science Departments at the College. The Student Achievement Coach is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and is accountable for attaining performance goals associated with new, continuing and resuming students while upholding academic integrity. In addition, this position is also responsible for executing all elements of a proactive student outreach strategy, including face to face meetings, phone conversations and e-mail correspondence. The ideal candidate will be able to interface with students, faculty and college staff in a variety of settings that promotes students success and completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive outreach and advisement to students within the School in aiding them to persist by addressing individual needs.
- Facilitate successful transition of new, continuing and returning students into the school.
- Defines and establishes a degree completion plan for each student.
- Responds timely, empathetically and accurately to student inquiries. .
- Contacts inactive students and assists them in resuming their studies.
- Serves as liaison to School departments.
- Monitors student attendance and academic progress and intervenes appropriately
- Works closely with fellow staff members and other departments to ensure proper resources are available for a student’s academic success
- Respond to student needs by resolving their issues and minimizing referrals to other offices. Reduce anxiety by creating a comfortable, welcoming environment.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commitment to student development and success
- Encompass creative problem solving capabilities
- Ability to drive results and meet team/department goals
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education or related field
- Minimum two years college level academic advising experience
- Minimum two years experience working with students in a higher education environment.
- Working knowledge of FERPA.
- Experience and understanding of enrollment management policies and practices.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in related field
- Experience with SCT Banner
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the mid $30’s to mid $40’s depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until October 7, 2013. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”