POSITION TITLE Student Outreach and Orientation Coordinator
POSITION NUMBER 230680
REPORTS TO Director of Outreach and Recruitment
FLSA STATUS Exempt
The Student Outreach and Orientation Coordinator is a key member of the department of Outreach and Recruitment and is responsible for assisting in the planning, promoting, delivering, and evaluation of New Student Orientation and supporting the enrollment efforts of the college. The Student Outreach and Orientation Coordinator will supervise the CCA Student Ambassador program and assist with all student recruitment initiatives including: college fairs, high school recruiting, college visit days, admitted student day and many others. The successful candidate will represent the college both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations and assist prospective applicants on the admission process and opportunities at the college. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Outreach and Recruitment at all recruiting events and activities
- Communicate with prospective students, parents and community through appointment, telephone, email and other materials
- Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications and communications in collaboration with the Communications department
- Foster and develop relationships with district high schools and community organizations
- Under the direction of the Director, assist in developing and implementing district-wide, campus based, and program specific marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate high school and business visitation programs
- Plan and coordinate campus and district events such as information workshops, college visitations and tours, college fairs, business and industry visits.
- Under the director of the Director, design and coordinate new student orientation programs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for changes and improvements to the orientation program based on established best practices.
- Develop curriculum and scripts for presentation and write annual assessment reports
- Oversee the development of orientation themes and graphics, produce orientation mailings, and coordinate communication with parents, new students, and orientation personnel under the guidance of the Director for Outreach and Recruitment
- Coordinate Orientation responsibilities and staffing
- Track statistics, gather data, and write reports
- Supervise the CCA Student Ambassador program
- Create and implement training for CCA Student Ambassador program
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Strong public speaking skills and writing skills.
- The ability to travel regularly and to load and transport admissions material, displays and other recruiting equipment.
REQUIRED Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum one year of experience working in higher education
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as required
- Prior supervisory experience (within the past 7 years)
- Experience working with New Student Orientation Programs
- Proficiency in Spanish (primarily verbal).
- Experience coordinating programs and related campus activities.
- Professional experience in an office of college admission, outreach, enrollment services, new student orientation, financial aid, or related field.
- Basic familiarity with Word, Excel and database software tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the mid $30’s to mid $40’s depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until December 13, 2013. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email toHR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”