FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT:
Thursday, March 22, 2012 Rhonda Bentz
DENVER – The national search for a president for Community College of Aurora (CCA) began in February and a search committee comprised of college employees, local business leaders and other educational leaders from across the state has been working to screen and conduct preliminary interviews of applicants in order to identify those most suited to be considered for the role of president.
The search is necessary to replace the former president, Dr. Linda Bowman, who retired in 2011 after having served at CCA since 2000. Dr. Geri Anderson, Colorado Community College System (CCCS) Vice President for Student and Academic Affair and CCCS Provost is serving as the CCA interim president during the search process.
CCCS today announced that the search committee has named five semi-finalists for consideration to become the permanent president for CCA.
The five semi-finalists are:
• Dr. Christine Chairsell, currently the District Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs at Portland Community College in Portland, Oregon;
• Dr. Martyn Clay, currently the Provost for Academic and Student Affairs at Eastern New Mexico University – Roswell in Roswell, New Mexico;
• Dr. Diane Hegeman, currently the Vice President of Instruction at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, Colorado;
• Dr. Elizabeth Lewis, currently Vice President of Academic Affairs at Northeast Lakeview College in Universal City, Texas;
• Mr. Alton Scales, currently the Summit Campus Chief Executive Officer at Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge and Dillon, Colorado.
The presidential candidates will visit CCA’s Lowry and CentreTech campuses on April 4, 5