The Community College of Aurora EMS Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
EMT CLASS – EMS 121 (12 Credit Hours)
- Corequisites: EMS 122, EMS 123, EMS 124, and EMS 170
- Prerequisites: ENG 060, REA 060, and MAT 030/045 with grade “C” or higher – or minimum college assessment score of 62 Reading, 70 Sentence Skills, and 57 Arithmetic, must be 18 years old before starting clinical
The Community College of Aurora offers EMT as the introductory course for any individual with an interest in prehospital emergency medicine. This course is an innovative alternative to EMT courses offered by other agencies. The education revolves around the latest in simulation studio technology which integrates EMT knowledge and real-life practical skills. EMT will provide entry-level EMS education for the student. Upon successful completion of this course, including written and practical examinations, and being at least 18 years of age, candidates are eligible to take the EMT Certification Examination subject to the requirements of the Colorado Department of Health and Environment.
PARAMEDIC PHASE I – EMS 225 (16 Credit Hours)
- Corequisites: EMS 226, EMS 229, EMS 233, and EMS 235
- Prerequisites: ENG 090, REA 075, MAT 060 with grade “C” or higher, or appropriate college assessment score of 80 Reading, 95 Sentence Skills, and 61 Elementary Algebra; Basic Anatomy and Physiology (BIO 106) or Human Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 201) with grade “C” or higher; Current National Registry/Colorado EMT certification(s); IV & current CPR certifications; and acceptance to the CCA EMS Program.
Serves as the first course of the National Standard Paramedic Curriculum as approved by the Colorado State Department of Health and Environment.
PARAMEDIC PHASE II – EMS 227 (17 Credit Hours)
- Corequisites: EMS 228, EMS 230, EMS 231, EMS 232, EMS 234, EMS 236, and EMS 237
- Prerequisite: Paramedic Phase I/EMS 225 and corequisite course completion
The Community College of Aurora offers Paramedic Phase II as the next step to achieving a paramedic education. Paramedic Phase II will provide a comprehensive and complete education for the student. This c