Welcome to CCA’s Military & Veteran Services webpage!
Military & Veteran Services is part of the Advising department at Community College of Aurora. We have a dynamic veterans and military community at CCA and we are committed to assisting you in achieving your educational goals. This information is designed to provide you with the tools and guidelines you need to smoothly navigate in the academic world.
Colorado State University Military & Veteran Student Visit Day - November 15, 2013 at the Lory Student Center in Fort Collins
A research study is being conducted by Chelsea Spotts in to the transition from military to civilian life for U.S. Army combat veterans. Click for more information.
***NOTICES AND REMINDERS***
- If you're using VA education benefits: Please visit the Getting Started Checklist and Applying for VA Benefits and Required Documentation for CCA for more information on getting started at CCA and using your benefits.
- If you're using military or military spouse tuition assistance: Please visit the Military Tuition Assistance page for information on procedures.
- A new Request for Certification must be submitted each semester before your enrollment will be reported to the VA. The priority deadline for submitting a request is 3 business weeks prior to the start of the semester (January 2, 2014 for Spring 2014). Requests may be submitted after this date, but a determination of eligibility cannot be guaranteed by the start of classes.
- Only courses that apply toward the degree you have on record with the Admissions and Records Office will be reported to the VA. View a degree audit through DegreeCheck on the Student tab of your MyCCA account under Steps to Graduate.
- The VA will not pay for online developmental courses (CCR 092/093/094, REA/ENG 090, or MAT 030/045/060/090/096/099). If you register for these courses you will be responsible for paying for them and they will not apply toward your housing or stipend from the VA.
- Term dates are reported as they appear in the class schedule. Accelerated courses may affect your eligibility. You can calculate your VA Equivalent Hours for classes that are less than 15 weeks to determine your VA rate of pursuit based on the length of your classes and the associated credit hours.
- All changes to your schedule, including section changes, should be reported to Military & Veteran Services. Failure to notify Military & Veteran Services can affect processing times.
- Complete the Request for VA Certification through your MyCCA account on the Student tab under Advising Connections-->Military/Veteran Services.
- By registering for classes you incur a financial obligation to CCA. If the VA does not cover the full cost of the charges on your account for any reason you are responsible for making timely payment to CCA; failure to pay your tuition can result in being dropped from classes and having your account sent to Colorado State Collections.
- The Community College of Aurora Foundation is now offering a Veteran Services Scholarship for $500-$1000/academic year. Eligibility requirements include:
Criteria: Honorably discharged veterans who are no longer eligible to receive Veteran's Administration Educational Benefits.
Funds: Tuition, fees & books
Credit Hours: Minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Contact the CCA Foundation with questions, including application deadlines: 303-360-4829
- GI Bill Information - The VA's website offers a wealth of information on benefits. Contact the VA Education Office at 1-888-442-4551 if you have questions about what benefits you qualify for and for questions about your pay.