MILITARY & VETERAN SERVICES CENTER
Welcome to CCA’s Military & Veteran Services webpage!
Military & Veteran Services is part of the Advising department at Community College of Aurora. We have a dynamic veterans and military community at CCA and we are committed to assisting you in achieving your educational goals. This information is designed to provide you with the tools and guidelines you need to smoothly navigate in the academic world. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this web page or the Veterans & Military Services Office, please feel free to contact us.
Special Events: None currently. Please check back!
- A new Request for Certification must be submitted each semester. The priority deadline for submitting a request is 3 business weeks prior to the start of the semester (May 13th for Summer 2013, August 5th for Fall 2013). Requests may be submitted after this date, but a determination of eligibility cannot be guaranteed by the start of classes.
- Only courses that apply toward the degree you have on record with the Admissions and Records Office will be reported to the VA. View a degree audit through DegreeCheck on the Student tab of your MyCCA account under Steps to Graduation.
- The VA will not pay for online developmental courses (REA/ENG 030/060/075/076/077/090 OR MAT 030/045/060/090/096/099). If you register for these courses you will be responsible for paying for them and they will not apply toward your housing or stipend from the VA.
- Term dates are reported as they appear in the class schedule. Accelerated courses may affect your eligibility. You can calculate your VA Equivalent Hours for classes that are less than 15 weeks to determine your VA rate of pursuit based on the length of your classes and their credit hours.
- All changes to your schedule, including section changes, must be reported to Military/Veteran Services. Courses not listed on a certification request will not be reported to the VA.
- Complete the Request for VA Certification through your MyCCA account on the Student tab under Advising Connections-->Military/Veteran Services.
- By registering for classes you incur a financial obligation to CCA. If the VA does not cover the full cost of the charges on your account for any reason you are responsible for making timely payment to CCA; failure to pay your tuition can result in being dropped from classes and having your account sent to Colorado State Collections.
- The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) was created by the 2011 VOW to Hire Heroes Act. It provides retraining assistance under the Montgomery GI Bill to qualified veterans for programs that the US Department of Labor and the VA have determined to be in high demand. Please review the VA's FAQ for important information regarding the program.
Click to view a step-by-step PowerPoint presentation of the application process.
For more information visit the GI Bill website or the GI Bill Facebook page. Applications opened May 15, 2012 through the Veterans' Online Application (VONAPP). The VA has received over 112,000 applications and are nearing the cutoff - apply now! Acceptance to the program is not guaranteed.
- The Community College of Aurora Foundation is now offering a Veteran Services Scholarship for $500-$1000/academic year. Eligibility requirements include:
Criteria: Honorably discharged veterans who are no longer eligible to receive Veteran's Administration Educational Benefits.
Funds: Tuition, fees & books
Credit Hours: Minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Fall 2013 deadline: May 15, 2013
Contact the CCA Foundation with questions: 303-360-4829
- New students must submit a Veteran Intake Sheet and documentation of benefit eligibility (ie. Certificate of Eligibility, NOBE, etc.) and veterans should submit a copy of their DD-214, member copy 4 prior to certification. Please visit the Getting Started Checklist and Applying for VA Benefits and Required Documentation for CCA for more information on getting started at CCA and using your benefits.
- GI Bill Information