Advantages to TRiO Participation:
TRiO SSS participants are more likely than their peers to graduate from community college and transfer to a four-year institution. If you are dedicated to your education, the TRiO SSS program can help you be as successful as you can be. You will work with your dedicated advisor to determine a plan that works for you which will support your success at CCA and beyond.
- An assigned TRiO SSS Advisor
- Free one-on-one and group tutoring
- Free Academic, Career, and Interest Assessments
- Academic Success Counseling and Workshops
- Progress reports from your instructors 2 times per semester
- Academic, Career, and Transfer Counseling
- Access to the TRiO Technology Loan Program
- Ability to participate in the College Visit Program where we visit 4-year colleges and universities
Did you know???
- 95% of TRiO Participants are First-Generation students
- The Student Success Center has an 87% persistence rate from fall to spring semesters (64% from fall 2013-fall 2014)
- Over 86% of students who participate in the Student Success Center programs (including TRiO) are making satisfactory academic progress (above a 2.0 grade point average) and more than 18% of SSC students have a 3.5 gpa or above!
- The average grade point average for SSC students is a 2.85. The average gpa of students NOT in an SSC program is around a 2.62.
- Students who are current TRiO Participants have this to say about the program: "Staff are...Inspiring and reassuring", "Loved making connections with other students", "Thank you for all your support in completing our educational goals", "Lots of helpful information". "I am looking forward to spending more time and being more active in TRiO this year", "Thank you for this opportunity"