The Assessment Committee is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, education, structure and support to improve the effectiveness of teaching and learning at CCA. The committee is charged with ensuring that the college is meeting its responsibility to students, the community, and other stakeholders for the quality of student outcomes. The committee is also responsible for ensuring that the assessment process meets the requirements of accrediting institutions. The committee is comprised of CCA employees across divisions and departments.
- Develop and refine the charter for the committee.
- Educate students on the importance of assessment.
- Ensure that CCA’s assessment efforts meet accreditation standards.
- Ensure that stated student learning outcomes are appropriate to the mission, programs, and academic credentials of the college.
- Evaluate assessment plans and reports and provide feedback and recommendations to assessment plan coordinators and chairs.
- Include internal and external stakeholders in assessment planning and communication of results.
- Maintain the Assessment website.
- Manage the Assessment Cycle.
- Prepare periodic reports for internal and external constituents.
- Provide assessment training for faculty and staff.
- Work towards best practices in national Assessment standards.