Campus Security & Safety
Welcome to CCA
Community College of Aurora strives to provide a safe and healthy environment that enhances the learning process. Each student and employee should be able to attend classes, work on campus, and/or participate in activities with a feeling that they are in an environment that is safe and secure. Click Here for Staying Safe on Campus Brochure. Our public safety services include:
- Patrolling all campus buildings, parking lots and grounds while enforcing state laws and college rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performing periodic monitoring of security cameras
- Opening and closing all campus buildings, maintaining the lost and found, and responding to all calls for service.
- Investigating and providing detailed reports of all campus incidents, student or employee injuries, minor vehicle accidents, vandalism, and theft.
- Providing emergency first aid and CPR.
- Giving safety presentations, providing personal safety escorts to students, staff, and faculty, and responding to all emergency and non-emergency calls on campus.
Parking Permits: All vehicles must registered with Campus Security. Forms are available at the following locations: CentreTech: Security Office: Admin Bldg A101 or Welcome Desk. Lowry: Student Services or Lobby of West Quad
- If you feel that the behavior you are observing poses an immediate threat or danger to self or others contact Security: CentreTech Campus: 303-360-4727. Lowry Campus: 303-419-5557 or dial 911.
Important Contacts/ Resources
- Emergency: 911
- Safe to Tell
CentreTech Campus Contact Information
16000 E. CentreTech Pkwy, Aurora, CO 80011
Campus Security: 303-360-4727
Lowry Campus Contact Information
700 Boston Street, Bldg 999, Denver, CO 80230
Campus Security: 303-419-5557
Campus Security Supervisor: 720-858-2733
Denver Metro-Area Response System: 911 or 303-892-9111
Learn more about:
- What is Consent, Stalking, Bystander Intervention, and What could be abuse.
- Report a Concern or Incident - This form can be used for self-referral, or for the purpose of reporting a concern or incident about the behavior of others.
- CARE Team - The CARE Team's purpose is to provide a cross-functional, multidisciplinary point of contact for members of the college community who have encountered student behavior which is causing concern. The team will act promptly to follow-up with the individual initiating the report, determine if there have been any additional warning signs or reasons for concern (such as student code of conduct violations or classroom incidents), and meet with the student to develop a plan. Our intent is to be caring and preventive. CARE online referral form.
- Additional security resources
U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
CCA's Emergency Response Plan
The Community College of Aurora Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) has been designed as a contingency plan for CCA personnel in order to plan for campus emergencies. While this guide does not cover every conceivable situation, it does supply the basic administrative guidelines necessary to cope with most campus emergencies. Read the entire Emergency Response Plan.