We aspire to be the college where every student succeeds.
The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high-quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment.
Respect, Collaboration, Quality, Access, Diversity, Inclusion
- Develop, support, and assess rigorous and responsive academic and career preparation programs.
- Provide faculty and instructors with professional development, learning opportunities, and instructional support.
- Attract, support, and retain a diverse instructional workforce that reflects our student population.
- Increase the number of full-time faculty.
- Implement innovative and culturally relevant instructional methodologies.
- Erase equity gaps for students of color while increasing rates of retention, completion, transfer, and employment for all students.
- Implement and operationalize the college-wide four-year assessment action plan.
- Increase student understanding and attainment of CCA’s institutional and program outcomes.
- Further develop, implement, and assess the Guided Pathways initiative and advising model.
- Continue to be the primary, high quality, and intentional provider of Concurrent Enrollment in our service area.
- Create and sustain an institutional culture that is active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement.
- Implement the Inclusive Excellence strategic plan.
- Attract, support, and retain a diverse college workforce that reflects our student population.
- Provide ongoing inclusive excellence training to all college employees.
- Increase financial support for students of all demographics.
- Strengthen communications among students, faculty, instructors, staff, and alumni.
- Provide leadership and programs to meet regional workforce development needs.
- Establish and sustain community service and leadership opportunities for students, staff, faculty, and instructors.
- Expand partnerships with employers, community organizations, and city, county, and state governments .
- Strengthen relationships within the P-20 (preschool through college) pipeline.
- Develop and promote community-focused training, events, and activities.
- Strategically grow student enrollment.
- Increase grant, donation, and other external revenue.
- Collaborate with the CCA Foundation on capital campaigns.
- Increase technological resources for all students and employees.
- Expand and invest in college facilities that create inclusive spaces for students and personnel to engage in academic and non-academic activities.
- Seek to improve compensation, benefits, and professional development for all college employees.
- Identify, clarify, and streamline institutional processes.
Community College of Aurora Strategic Plan
Community College of Aurora Institutional Outcomes – 4 Cs
All students at CCA are expected to develop competence in our institutional outcomes, the 4 Cs, in addition to competence in occupational and discipline knowledge. The 4 Cs are: Career & Transfer Readiness, Communication, Critical Thinking, and Cultural Competence. These skills are the foundation of students' education at the Community College of Aurora. Students develop competence in one or more of these skills in all of their experiences at CCA, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Career & Transfer Readiness
Career and transfer readiness is the ability to adapt, commit to lifelong learning, and demonstrate knowledge and skills applicable in a global economy for successful transition into the workplace or continued coursework.
Communication is the ability to effectively express, impart, or exchange feelings, thoughts, opinions, and information both orally and in writing.
Critical thinking is the ability to analyze and evaluate information, evidence, arguments, and theories from multiple perspectives for use in the development of an opinion or conclusion.
Cultural competence is the ability to demonstrate awareness and integration of an intentional valuing of cultural differences and experiences in our decisions and interactions with all.