Nine Things to Know Before You Register for Fall Classes

Pencil and clipboardFall registration is here! But before you register for fall classes, here are some helpful tips that the Admissions and Records Department and the Center for Outreach Recruitment would like you to keep in mind:

  1. Do your Degree Check! If you don’t want to schedule the time to see an advisor, go to MyCCA, log in, and click on the Student tab. Go to the right side of the page and scroll down a little to find the section titled, Steps to Graduate. Underneath you will find Degree Check; use this tool to see what classes you need to take. This will keep you from registering for a class you already have taken or ensure you don’t take a class that you don’t need.
  2. Get in early to see a Pathways advisor. The earlier you can see a Pathways advisor, the easier it will be to find out what classes you need for when you register for fall classes. Pathways advisors are available on a drop-in basis on both CentreTech and Lowry campuses. The busiest times for advisors are during lunch time – between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – so it is recommended you see an advisor early or late in the day. If you get to campus during lunch time you may have to wait.
  3. Use Lowry Campus services. If you need to get in and out, you can stop by the Lowry Campus to see an advisor and generally see a Pathways advisor more quickly. Lowry also has many services that you may also need and can be used as a one-stop shop for many CCA services so check it out!
  4. Register for fall classes early even if you aren’t sure about your finances. Many students don’t register early because they are not sure how they will pay for classes. However, there are many payment plan options and if you register early, you will not have to make as large an initial down payment and you can split the payments up through the NBS payment plan.
  5. Register as soon as you can so you get the classes that you need. Fall is the busiest semester and classes fill up fast, especially English, science, and math classes.
  6. Use MyCCA to change your degree. On MyCCA, go to the Student tab and scroll down on the left side to the section titled Registration & Records Forms. Click on the arrow to get to the Degree Change Form; fill it out and submit and you’re done! (There is also a Certificate Change Form if you need to change the Certificate you are pursuing.)
  7. Pay your holds and fees. If you have holds or fees you need to pay them before you can register for the fall semester.
  8. Check out our Getting Started page. It will help give you a path on what steps you need to take to apply, find funds to pay for college, orientation steps, and more.
  9. If you have applied – don’t hesitate! Don’t wait to hear from CCA or wait for something to come in the mail. Start registering for classes and if you encounter any difficulties, call the main CCA number at 303-360-4700. Just answer a series of prompts to direct you to the right department, and if that doesn’t work, dial “0” for the operator.

Do you have some tips can you share with us? Let us know in the comments section.

About the Author

Joe Florkowski is the web content specialist in CCA's Communications Department. He received his B.A. in communications - journalism from California State University, Fullerton in 2002 and his M.S. in leadership and management from the University of LaVerne in 2011. He has more than 15 years of experience as a writer and editor in a variety of print and online fields.  


  1. Joe Florkowski

    April 25, 2016

    Hi Ana,
    CCA does offer a payment plan called FACTS. I have provided the link to the FACTS program here:

    Let me know if you need any other information or have other questions.

  2. Ana Salas

    April 22, 2016

    i had register, but i had a question i will be graduating from Pickens Technical College in the business and computer program, i know some of my credits can transfer but i am in the DACA program and i had come to CCA and asked if i qualify as a resident and thwy tolled me that i did but then i got a letter a week later and said i did not qualify as resident and i will have to pay more , are they any payment plans? how do i get started?