Skip to main content

What I should do if I experience sexual violence?

  1. Go to a safe place and call someone. Call 911.
  2. Do not shower, wash your hands or fingernails, change or remove any clothing, or apply or take medication. Any of these actions could alter or destroy physical evidence.
  3. Go to a hospital for medical attention.
  4. Get help, like counseling or victim assistance.

On campus: Human Resources, in room A207 or Campus Security, in room A101 of the Administration Building on the CentreTech campus, can connect you with these services. Either office can also help you report the incident if you choose to do so. Call (303) 360-4752 or (303) 360-4727 to find out more.

Off campus: If you cannot get to the campus or it is after hours, contact the The Blue Bench, Denver's rape crisis center. Call their 24-hour hotline at 303-322-7273. Learn more about The Blue Bench on their website.

You can also contact the local victim assistance program, through the city or area you live in. Our Campus Security can also assist you in accessing these services.

  • Aurora Police Department Victim Services Unit at (303) 627-3100 or visit their website.
  • Arapahoe County Victim Services (720) 874-4038 or visit their website.
  • Denver Police Department Victim Services Unit at (720) 913-6035  or visit their website.
  • Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance at (303) 861-1160 or visit their website.

College staff are required to report alleged violations under Title IX. If you would like to speak to someone but not report the alleged violation, you can contact our counseling office at (303) 360-4932 or contact The Blue Bench at (302) 322-7273.

Apply Now Get Info
Apply Now Get Info



Main Menu