GED Preparation and Testing Information
GED® Test Information:
- The GED® test is offered exclusively on the computer and must be taken in-person at approved testing centers only.
- The GED® test is aligned with new state standards, so those that pass demonstrate they meet rigorous standards of high school completion and college and career readiness.
- Test takers will get their scores reported back the same day they test.
- Scores will provide detailed personalized feedback on specific skills that can be improved for a higher score, and targeted study recommendations.
- GED® preparation will focus on critical thinking and problem solving skills, testing four content areas: Reasoning through Language Arts (Reading and Writing), Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies.
For more information about the GED® test, including test center locations, visit the GED® Testing Service at www.ged.com. You will be asked to register (i.e., provide some information about yourself). Once you have completed the registration, you will have access to a wide variety of information about the GED® test. Additionally, you will need to register on this website before taking any of your GED® tests.
The GED® test is offered at several test centers throughout the Denver-Metro area, including:
Aurora Public Schools Testing Center
Pickens Technical College
For more information about the GED® preparation program offered at the Community College of Aurora, call the GED Information Line: 303-340-7797 or The Learning Source at 303-922-4683. You may also contact CCA at 303-340-7047 or 303-340-7040.