All students who participate in New Student Orientation will:
- learn how to finance their education including how to apply for financial aid and scholarships and/or utilize other payment options.
- receive the information and assistance they need to select and enroll in appropriate coursework in a timely fashion.
- receive assistance with creating a class schedule and registering for classes and will also learn how to do it themselves.
- learn how to use college technology (email, MyCCA, D2L, etc.) to access their own records as well as to receive important college information.
- learn what support services are available to them and how to access those services.
- learn time management, goal setting, reading, writing, and study skills that will benefit them in the classroom.
- have an opportunity to become more familiar with and comfortable on campus.
New Studet Orientation Sessions include:
- Advising & Registration - Group Advising and Course Registration for the upcoming semester
- Avoiding the Drop/Successful Registration - Financial Aid, Registration, Email, and Avoiding being dropped from classes - payment options
- Student Success @ CCA - Student success services, successful student habits, and smart goal setting
- D2L & Academic Success in the Classroom - Note taking, study skills, time management, reading and writing skills, and Desire2Learn (D2L) overview
- Security & Student Right to Know - Introduction to Security services on campus as well as federal and college policies impacing student rights and responsibilities