Grants are considered gift assistance and are provided from federal, state, and institutional sources. In general, students must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours per semester in order to receive funds from most of the following programs. Any exception to this six-credit-hour rule is noted in the actual program description.
The Community College of Aurora participates in the Federal Direct Loan Program and Direct Loans services all loans for the Colorado Community College System.
Requesting a Student Loan
Students wishing to borrow a Federal Stafford Loan must have a completed FAFSA on file with CCA before submitting the following documentation:
STEP 1: Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Log in using your Federal Student Aid ID and password.
- Select the "Complete Counseling" link.
- Select the "Entrance Counseling" link from the "Choose Loan Counseling Type" menu.
- Answer the questions on each page of counseling - click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the last page. After submitting the counseling, you should see an "Entrance Counseling Summary" page confirming that "you have successfully completed Entrance Counseling."
- In the gray menu on the left side of the screen, look under the "Master Promissory Note" section and select "Complete MPN."
- On the next page, select "Complete Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN."
- Answer the questions on each page of the promissory note - click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the last page. You should see a confirmation that "You have successfully submitted your MPN."
- Studentloans.gov will send an electronic confirmation of both documents to CCA within a week.
STEP 2: Accept Loan Offer (Available once you receive your Financial Aid Award Letter.)
- Log in to your MyCCA account.
- Click on the "Student Finance" tab.
- In the "My Financial Aid Information" box, select the "Accept Your Awards" link.
- Select the appropriate aid year.
- Click on "Accept Award Offer."
- You can accept, reduce, or decline the award offer on the next screen.
If you would like to increase or adjust the accepted loan amount, you may complete Loan Adjustment Form to request the change.
If you want to apply for an one-term loan, you must be:
The loan adjustment form can be found at https://www.ccaurora.edu/getting-started/paying-college/financial-aid/forms.
Loan Application Priority Deadlines
Subsidized Loan Limitations
As of July 1, 2013, federal limitations were implemented on borrowing Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans. More information regarding this regulation can be found in the Federal Student Aid document: Time Limitation on Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans.
CCA will also work with alternative lenders for loans. Please contact us for assistance.
Direct Loan Exit Counseling
National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
CCA participates in two work study programs with award amounts based on the applicant’s documented need. These programs provide part time employment for eligible students to earn money to fund their education. To be considered for work study awards, students must indicate an interest in work-study employment on the FAFSA. Work-study positions are located on both the CCA CentreTech and Lowry campuses.
Positions are also available to tutor math and reading to elementary, middle and high school students at various community schools and non-profit community agencies.
To the extent practical, CCA will attempt to provide employment that complements and reinforces the educational and vocational career goals of each student. Students earnings are restricted to the amount of their award.
The State of Colorado provides limited funds for employment of students who do not necessarily have a financial need; these students may qualify for Colorado No-Need work study. Applicants must be Colorado residents for tuition purposes.