Community College of Aurora policy for receipt of private scholarships and 3rd party payments:
- Funds must be received from external sources in order to be applied to a student's CCA account.
- Checks should be received in the Financial Aid Office Office by August 1 for Fall semester and by January 1 for Spring semester and should be made payable to the Community College of Aurora, for the benefit of the student.
- Approved third party scholarships (only specific federal and state agencies such as the U.S. Army and Air Force tuition assistance, foreign embassies and sponsors, vocational rehabilitation departments) are posted by the CCA Financial Aid Office upon receipt of payment information/authorization from the CCA Business Office and are applied to the student's college account. Agencies are then billed by the CCA Business Office.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) for disbursement of funds unless notified in writing by the donor.
- All scholarship checks for $250 and over received in the CCA Financial Aid Office Office will be scheduled to pay in two equal disbursements (one for Fall and one for Spring semester) unless we are instructed in writing by the donor that funds are to be paid on a different schedule.
- Undisbursed funds are returned to the donor when students are not enrolled or transfer to another school.
Students may be required to sign an acceptance form and write a thank you letter before funds are disbursed.