ACCUPLACER® Placement Test and LOEP (ESL) Placement Test
CCA uses the Accuplacer to place students into appropriate classes. Accuplacer tests are available during testing center business hours on a walk-in basis only. No appointments are necessary. The Accuplacer test measures your knowledge in the areas of English, Reading, and Math. You may be required to take a test based on your previous high school and or college background.
It is important to do your best when taking the test. A student can only take any part of the test twice in a three year period. A student is not allowed to take any section of the test more than once the same day. If you do not receive the scores you desire, we strongly encourage you to take any of the following options to study/improve your score. If you did not score into a college-level or developmental course, you will be required to wait three days (between tests), or take a workshop before you can retest. Please click on the links below for more information.
- If you are a future CCA student in another state, and cannot test in Colorado, fill out a Remote Placement Test Form for CCA Enrollment.
- To send your scores to another college, fill out the Score Release Request.
- Accommodations for students with disabilities (through the Accessibility Services Office).
- Accuplacer testing is offered at the CentreTech Campus and the Lowry Campus.
Tips for Accuplacer
The Accuplacer is a placement test. It is important that you do your best on the test to ensure proper placement. You will only benefit from this: you will complete your degree faster!
- Study for your test! There are many different ways to get prepared for your test at CCA. Click here for more details.
- Get enough sleep the night before your test. It will make it easier to concentrate!
- Arrive early to ensure you have time to complete your test without rushing through it. Click here for the Testing Center Hours at CentreTech, and here for hours at Lowry.
- Choose the right test: if English is not your primary language and/or you haven't completed high school in the United States, you might benefit from taking the LOEP ESL Placement Test. Click here for more information on the LOEP ESL Accuplacer Test.