Who has to take it?

State Board Policy requires that colleges assess their students to determine their levels of English, mathematics, and reading, and if needed, that students take developmental courses within their first 30 hours at the college. These groups must meet Assessment Requirements:

  1. All degree or certificate seeking students.
  2. All students seeking to register for a course with prerequisites (regardless of degree/certificate status).
  3. All students under the age of 20 (regardless of degree/certificate status).
  4. English speaking ability is also required. If English is not your native language, you may be required to take the LOEP exam.

*If you have ACT or SAT scores that are less than 5 years old, you may not have to test. Communicate with the Testing Center at Testing.cca@CCAurora.edu.

ACCOMODATIONS:Community College of Aurora will provide reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities. To request accommodations, complete the Needs Assessment form found online at http://www.ccaurora.edu/accessibility. You will need to provide documentation of your disability to the Assessment Services Office. Students may make an appointment to request assistance with completing the forms by calling 303-340-7548, 303-361-7395 V/TDD/VP or emailing: ODE@CCAurora.edu.

Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu