Transfer to CCA

Transfer Students

Students who have previously attended any college must complete the application for admission indicating any prior colleges attended. Transfer students pursuing a degree or certificate at CCA are to meet assessment requirements. Transfer students should meet with an academic advisor to register for the first semester and are encouraged to keep in contact with an academic advisor through completion of a Community College of Aurora Certificate or Degree.

PLEASE NOTE:  If you are not degree-seeking here at CCA, and only need pre-requisite information entered for the purpose of registration, YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION COMPLETED.  Please see an academic advisor with a copy of your unofficial transcript, to have pre-requisites entered.

Transfer Credit Evaluations


The College evaluates credits earned at regionally accredited institutions of higher education to determine if those credits will be accepted in transfer. Courses accepted in transfer must match the content and meet or exceed the rigor of CCA as determined by the professional judgment of the College’s credential evaluator or department chair.  Students who have previously attended any college must complete the College’s application for admission, indicating prior colleges attended. 

Students who wish to have their courses evaluated and credits transferred in, MUST have an official transcript mailed directly to CCA or sent electronically directly from the college where credit was initially earned. Transfer credit will be evaluated course by course based upon the student’s declared degree or certificate. Generally, grades of "C" or better will be accepted in transfer. CCA may choose to transfer "D" grades on a case-by-case basis, determined by the student’s chosen program and whether a "D" grade may be used to meet degree or certificate requirements.

Depending on program of study at CCA and courses taken, some classes are not eligible for transfer after 5 years. Please consult an Academic Advisor for details.

Written confirmation of the credit awarded will be sent to each student for whom a credit evaluation is completed. Students can also check the status of their transfer credits by viewing their unofficial transcripts online at and accessing their MyCCA account. It is the responsibility of the student to provide all required documents. Credit is typically evaluated and posted to the student record within 30 days of receipt at CCA. You must notify CCA in writing within 30 days of your transcript evaluation of any courses you wish to appeal to add or remove from your record. Once your appeal period has passed, your transfer credits will not be changed unless you change your declared degree or certificate program. CCA will not remove transfer credits used in the awarding of a degree or certificate under any circumstances.  Documents become the property of the college and will not be released to the student or transferred to other institutions.

PLA - Prior Learning Assessment, CLEP, DSST (Dantes), Challenge Exams, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), etc.

CLEP and DSST Transfer Credit Evaluation for College Credit

Students who have completed CLEP or DSST testing must contact CLEP or DSST and have the Official Test Score(s) mailed directly to the Community College of Aurora.

For more information on what CLEP or DSST tests are available to take at the Community College of Aurora’s Testing Center, click on the following CLEP Testing or DSST Testing links.

For more information regarding other Credit for Prior Learning opportunities, click on Credit For Prior Learning.

All Official Transcripts and Score reports should be sent to:

Community College of Aurora
Attn: Credentials Evaluator
16000 E CentreTech Pkwy
Aurora, CO  80011


Official electronic transcripts should be sent to  Please make sure the transcript is sent directly to CCA from the transferring college. CCA does not accept forwarded electronic transcripts. 

Students who have a concern or complaint about the transfer credit process should seek resolution of the complaint with the CCA Credentials Evaluator  If unresolved, see the advice of the CCA Registrar, and finally the Vice President of Student Affairs.  If unable to successfully resolve the complaint, please complete the online complaint form with the Colorado Department of Higher Education at

Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu