DMI facilities include a fully equipped Emergency Operations Center with computers, configurable screens, touch table technology, Web EOC platform, and a range of technology-independent provisions.
The DMI also provides an unoccupied, partially furnished, three-story, 400 room training building. Simulation areas include stairwells, hallways, hotel/apartment type rooms, lobby, cafeteria, industrial kitchen, underground tunnels, and crawl spaces. Pre-set training spaces include natural disaster/bombing rubble and chemical and biological terror scenarios. The building is simunition-friendly and can be used to replicate a range of emergency environments and scenarios.
Additional training facilities and resources include:
- Hyper-realistic training environments in four-set stages with remote observation and recording, including a:
- Streetscape with confined-space drill area
- House scene with multiple rooms
- Grounds/Outdoor Spaces, including large open fields, large parking lots and lightly traveled, non-primary roads to create outdoor training scenarios and to support use of helicopters, emergency vehicles, burning cars, simulated truck bombs and related scenarios
- Supplemental, specialized equipment:
- Human patient simulators
- Live role players
- Simulated bombs and explosive devices Hollywood grade smoke machine and emergency lighting
- Laboratories for chemical and biological training
- Medical training supplies
- Hyper-realistic moulage with bleeding systems simunition compliant Glock 9mm weapons and personal protective equipment