ANNOUNCEMENT: Most spring 2021 classes will once again be offered online/remotely. Learn more about the spring 2021 semester.

I-20 Step-by-Step

I-20 Step-by-Step Instructions

*All forms below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access these files. If you don't have this program, it's available as a free download from the Adobe Systems Website. Download the free Adobe Reader now.

  • If this is your first time applying for an I-20, please follow steps 1-4. Make sure that you provide all requested documents with the completed application form.

  • If you already have an F-1 Visa and want to transfer to CCA, please follow steps 1-5

  • Once you arrive at CCA, follow these steps

Welcome to the Community College of Aurora!  The Community College of Aurora is certified to issue the I-20.  The I-20 is what you will need to apply and maintain a F1 Visa.  Students on an F1 Visa are required to attend school full time which is 12 credit hours here at the Community College of Aurora.

To apply:


Apply on Community College of Aurora’s website

(At the end of your application click on My Account and write down your student number.  Your Student Number will look something like this:  S12345678


Complete the application for the I-20

Please include your student number where indicated at the top of each page

The I-20 application includes:

Intake Form

This form includes the information needed to complete the I-20.  Please fill it out completely.  Without all of this information the I-20 cannot be completed.

Affidavit of Financial Support

Please read the instructions on this form carefully.  You MUST include a bank statement showing enough money for 1 year at the Community College of Aurora.  The bank statement must clearly include the name of the bank, the person who owns the account (not a company), and a clear U.S. dollar amount.  The total U.S. dollars needed in the account are $27,568 (or $17,568 with a U.S. sponsor allowing you to live in their house.)  The name on the bank statement must match the signature on the back of the Financial Affidavit.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted


Pay the $75.00 I-20 Application fee and receive your I-20.

If you or a sponsor are here in Aurora:

You may make an appointment to see Julia Bilderback at the front admissions desk at CCA.

If you are not in Aurora:

You may pay the I-20 fee by logging back into your MY CCA account. 

  1. Log in to My CCA
  2. Click on the Student Finance tab
  3. Select the term ( Fall)
  4. Select the amount due $75.00
  5. Add to cart
  6. Check out
  7. Enter Visa, MasterCard, or Discover
  8. Submit

If you will need your I-20 mailed please make sure we have a complete address.


Submit all prior academic credentials (high school equivalent or higher).

If you wish to transfer credits to CCA, the credentials MUST BE the originals of official documents.

STEP 5 (Only for students who already have an F-1 Visa and want to transfer to CCA)

All transfer students must be in good academic standing at their previous school. 

Students who currently hold an F-1 Visa and are planning to transfer to CCA from another institution must also request that their current school complete the CCA SEVIS Transfer Form. Return the completed form to the Curriculum & Records Manager, Julia Bilderback.

  • CCA Application for Admission (see step 1)
  • International Student Intake form (see step 2)
  • CCA Affidavit of Financial Support (see step 2)
  • Original Bank Statements reflecting the required funds for your first year at CCA (see step 2)
  • High School or College transcripts (see step 4) Students are required to be in good academic standing at their current school.
  • CCA SEVIS Transfer Form and receive official international admissions letter (step 5)

Once you arrive at CCA

  1. Present your current Visa and Passport to CCA’s International Student Advisor so that we can make a copy.

  2. Complete the entire Accuplacer exam (Sentence Skills, Reading Skills, and Math) or LOEP if you haven’t already done so.

  3. Register for classes at least three weeks before the start of the semester.

  4. Obtain health insurance that will cover any medical expenses while you are in the United States. Please bring a copy of proof of insurance coverage to the International Students Advisor.



Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu