New F-1 Visa Student

Become an International Student at CCA 

The following steps outlines the process to become an international student. Additional steps may be required, depending on each students' situation. 

1. Complete the CCA Application

Apply to be a CCA student by clicking here. Click on "Create Account" and enter your information.

At the end of your application click on My Account and write down your student number. Your Student Number will look like this:  S01234567 

2. Complete the CCA International Student Application

Apply to be a CCA International Student by clicking here.

You must have the following documents and information when you complete this application. 

  • CCA Student Number
  • Unofficial TOEFL or SAT score report
  • Passport and applicable visa information
  • Financial statements demonstrating funds for educational and living expenses
  • Mortgage or lease information if applicable

If you need assistance completing this form, please contact us at

3. Pay the CCA Application Fee

This fee is $75.  

CCA  will issue your I-20 after we receive your receipt that your fee was paid. Email us a copy of your receipt at

4. Apply for your F-1 Visa

Compile your documents and schedule an appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country. 

For detailed information on how to apply for a student visa and to check wait times for a non-immigrant visa interview appointment, please visit Travel.State.Gov

Documents needed for your appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate:

  • Printed application confirmation page of your Form DS-160
  • Form I-20 signed by both student and DSO
  • Detailed financial support documents
  • Proof of English language proficiency
  • Proof of academic status (admissions letter, transcript)
  • Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay
  • 2x2 Photograph
  • Machine Readable Visa (MRV) processing fee
  • Visa reciprocity fee, if applicable. This fee varies by country. Check with your Consular Office for exact amount.
  • Proof of payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee. You can pay this fee online on the U.S. Immigration and Customer Enforcement website

5. Send us a copy of your F-1 Visa

We need a copy of your signed I-20 and F-1 Visa.

Email us a copy at or visit our office in-person and we can make a copy of your documents. The Admissions, Registration & Records office is located on the CentreTech campus, Administration Building, Room A102. We are open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm.  

6. Sign-up for Health Insurance

International students are required to have health insurance coverage while enrolled at CCA. 

We do not currently offer a group plan nor do we endorse any specific company. Students are responsible for finding their own coverage and renewing as needed.

Here are some options for student health insurance: 

7. Meet with Advising and Register for classes

New students are required to meet with a Pathway Advisor during their first semester. 

Schedule a Pathway Advising appointment by contacting them by email at or by phone at 303-360-4929. Virtual and phone appointments are available by request.

Register for classes by logging into MyCCA and selecting Navigate

While taking classes, it is important to maintain your status by adhering to the following rules:

  • Start and finish each Fall and Spring semester as a full-time student, by taking 12 credit hours per semester
  • Complete each class with a grade of "C" or higher
  • Do not engage in any unauthorized employment
  • Notify our office if your name, address, or phone number changes 

For more details, please visit our Maintaining Your Visa Status webpage

Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu