Getting Started Checklist - Tuition Assistance

The Getting Started Checklist includes all of the important information you need for your first semester at CCA. Get started early, though - some of these steps can take a significant amount of time to process!

Military & Veteran Services does not work with directly with tuition assistance programs and can only provide basic information. Please speak to your education office if you have questions about how TA works for your branch of service and contact CCA's Fiscal Affairs Office (303-360-4826) for questions about billing.

Getting Started Checklist

Find your passion. Earn your degree. Start your career. Use our Guided Pathways Quiz to discover the program and career that best fits your interests. Still unsure what to study? Contact Career Services at 303-340-7231.

If you are new to CCA or have been away from CCA for a year or more, you need to complete the online application for admission. There is no deadline or fee to apply. Make sure to select the option to apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF) toward the end of the application.

Have you previously completed college-level English or math courses? CCA will accept prior college transcripts showing successful completion of English and math courses. Be sure to also submit your military transcripts (Community College of the Air Force or Joint Services Transcript ). Electronic transcripts can be sent to;or transcripts can be mailed to:

Community College of Aurora
c/o Credit Evaluator
16000 E. CentreTech Pkwy
Aurora, CO 80011

Your college email account is the official method of communication at CCA, so it is extremely important that you activate your account and check it frequently. You will activate your email by logging in to your MyCCA account and clicking the “Student Email” link in the top right of the page. Instructions will be included in your Welcome letter from CCA.
Colorado law allows for many military-affiliated students (active duty, drilling Guard & Reserves, honorably discharged veterans, and qualifying dependents) to receive the in-state tuition rate. Submit the Military Certification for Tuition Classification to Admissions, Registration, & Records if you're active duty stationed in Colorado. 
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you are eligible for any kind of additional aid (grants, work study, scholarships, and loans). The application opens on October 1st every year for the following academic year but the FAFSA can be completed at any point. Financial aid can take 4-6 weeks to process, so don’t delay! Grants are available to qualifying low-income students.

Before meeting with a Pathways Advisor, students must meet assessment requirements in the areas of math, reading and English. CCA can accept previous assessment tests scores or you can test on campus. CCA will accept ACT, SAT, CCPT, and Accuplacer scores as long as they are less than five years old. Students who graduated from High School within 18 months of enrollment can also complete the Pre-Assessment Questionnaire to find out if they qualify for testing exemptions.

After meeting assessment requirements, you are ready to meet with your Pathways Advisor. You can schedule an appointment with your advisor through CCA Navigate on the Dashboard of MyCCA. Your advisor is here to help you select the right courses to complete your pathway of choice.

Login to your MyCCA account and register for classes from either CCA Navigate or the Add/Drop link on the Dashboard. Remember to print a copy of your schedule a few days before the semester begins to get updated room information.

Degree plans:   Students who are required to provide degree plans to receive approved TA can obtain them by logging on to the MyCCA portal.   Once logged in using your student ID and password, click on the Degree Check link.  Print or download the degree document and submit it to your education office.

Once you’re registered for classes, you need to submit your Tuition Assistance request to your respective Education Office. When you receive the approved TA request, you must turn it in to Third Party Billing. Approved TA forms should be submitted by the tuition deadline listed in the schedule booklet or your registration may be cancelled.

Stop by the Welcome Center at the CentreTech Campus or Lowry Student Services to get your CCA Student ID card and your parking pass. Photo ID is required to get your Student ID.

Your next step to begin at CCA is to sign up for and attend a New Student Orientation. Orientation is a key step in setting you up for success. At orientation you will learn about what it is like to be a student at CCA, your path to your career, how to pay for college, and much more. First-time college students are required to attend orientation, but all students can benefit from attending!

Take your schedule to the bookstore to purchase your books. Buy your books before classes begin to be prepared.

A little more than a week after you register for classes, you can select your refund preference with BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit the BankMobile Refund Choices page. 


Tuition Assistance Procedures and Information

Once you’re registered for classes, you need to submit your Tuition Assistance request to your respective Education Office or through their web portal.

You must submit your approved TA request to Fiscal Affairs/the Cashier's Office to hold your seat in classes and ensure that it is processed by CCA. Approvals must be complete with accurate tuition listed; students are responsible for all fees. You may email your approval forms to 3rd Party Billing.
TA is processed through 3rd Party Billing. Call 303-360-4728 with questions.
Approved TA forms should be submitted by the tuition deadline listed in the CCA Information Booklet or as soon as you register for classes or your registration will be cancelled.

Current tuition rates approved for TA purposes ONLY

Fall 2021, Spring & Summer 2022
On campus: $153.35/credit hour
Online: $250.00/credit hour for Department of Defense TA programs (ie. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, MyCAA). This maximum is set by the DoD. It is your responsibility to ensure that Admissions, Registration, & Records knows that you are active duty in order to receive this tuition rate.
            or $263.20 for TA through the Colorado Department of Military & Veterans Affairs.

Tuition Assistance covers instate tuition rates only. You may not be eligible for instate tuition if you reside out of Colorado. There are many ways for Active Duty Military, Veteran, Guard members and their dependents to receive instate tuition, however, the majority of eligible students and their dependents must reside within the State of Colorado to receive instate tuition benefits.

For Active Duty members who are stationed outside of Colorado or are living outside of Colorado and who are not eligible for instate tuition, the non-resident student receiving Military Tuition Assistance benefits will be responsible for the tuition difference between in state and out of state tuition that the Tuition Assistance does not cover.  If you have any questions about your eligibility for instate tuition, please contact the Admissions, Registration, and Records office at 303-360-4797.

Students are responsible for any tuition and fees that are not covered by their TA program.

Students who are required to provide degree plans to receive approved TA can obtain them by logging on to the MyCCA portal. Once logged in using your student ID and password, click on "Degree Check" on the Dashboard. Print the degree document and bring to your education office/representative. Remember, you must provide official transcripts if you are a degree seeking student and would like previous colleges' courses evaluated for possible transfer credit. Contact your Pathways Advisor if you have questions about your degree plan or need to have it signed.

MyCAA students will need to complete an Education & Training Plan (E&TP). Email for assistance.

These links go off-site. Please contact your education office or the relevant TA source for inquiries about your eligibility. information Link to Voluntary Education Website    

Air Force
Marine Corps
Coast Guard
National Guard
MyCAA Spouse 

AI Portal
Navy College Program
Navy College Program

Education and Training Quota Management Command
Colorado National Guard
AI Portal



Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu