POSITION TITLE: Case Manager – Adams County CHOICES Program
POSITION #: 231080
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Center for Workforce Development
The CHOICES program provides vocational training and case management to residents of Adams County to help those residents increase their household income and reduce their reliance on government assistance. The CHOICES case manager monitors, coordinates, and evaluates the activities and progress of CHOICES participants. Duties include program marketing and participant recruitment, case management, providing community referrals, completing monthly reports, attending program meetings, and participating in trainings and workshops directly related to the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the CHOICES program and recruit participants through community outreach and marketing.
- Maintain an active case load of 75 participants.
- Assess participants’ needs, goals, career interests, values, barriers, abilities, and readiness to enter a training program.
- Evaluate participants’ training goals to ensure they are in line with the CHOICES program’s goals.
- Provide career and educational counseling.
- Provide personalized case management to enable participants to overcome barriers and set goals for obtaining employment.
- Develop and update career and training plans with participants every 3 months.
- Develop financial plans with participants to ensure eligibility and ability to pay expenses while attending school.
- Coordinate tuition payments with participants and educational providers.
- Track attendance and school progress.
- Communicate with schools concerning participants’ progress, class changes, program updates, testing schedules, etc.
- Follow disciplinary procedures when participants fail to comply with program requirements.
- Communicate monthly with participants, providing timely information about resources and referrals, classes, and employment opportunities.
- Communicate with participants 12 months after they complete the program to determine progress and income increases.
- Compile and maintain client paper and electronic files in the prescribed manner, including confidential records, case notes, required forms, closing procedures, and other documentation.
- Complete monthly reports.
- Maintain and update records in specified electronic formats, including Word documents, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Attend all trainings as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in monthly file audits conducted by supervisor and or coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, psychology, education, or related field.
- Experience in social work, human services, career counseling, education or related field.
- Must have transportation and be able to drive on occasion, as required, to provide marketing services for the program.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs and to learn to use similar program databases.
- Must be Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish.
- Experience working within a county social services system or familiarity within a related human services field.
- Familiarity with community resources.
- Knowledge of case management practices such as client assessment, client counseling, barrier assessment, and career development.
- Familiarity with metro-area labor market trends and education and training programs.
- Experience working in marketing or sales for social services or related industries.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the mid $30’s to mid $40’s depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until January 7. 2014. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
If you have questions regarding this position, or your resume submission, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”