POSITION TITLE: Executive Director, Community College of Aurora Foundation
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: CCA Foundation Employees
The Community College of Aurora Foundation is seeking an Executive Director to oversee foundation staff and develop, by implementing the Community College of Aurora Foundation Board’s fundraising strategy, a plan for major gifts and individual donors and the growth of capital campaign. The Executive Director works closely with the College President, other college senior staff, and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director reports directly to the Foundation Board President.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity at the Community College of Aurora to direct the strategic growth and revenue for the Foundation, and to support the College’s strategic growth initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Foundation staff supporting business development and college scholarships, donor development and fundraising, alumni and social media outreach and other administrative tasks.
- Set the pace and leadership for the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospective donors through prospect research, personal contacts, relationship building efforts, and events.
- Develop and sustain individual, corporate, community, and foundation relations.
- Communicate the Foundation’s mission and plans to donors, potential donors, the Community College of Aurora Foundation Board members, faculty/staff, students, alumni and friends of the Community College of Aurora.
- Develop presentations and proposals to solicit donors.
- Provide stewardship and recognition to donors.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the annual Foundation budget.
- Assure that gifts are administered to honor the donors’ intent, investment policies, scholarship criteria, foundation by-laws, audit requirements, tax requirements, state requirements for charitable organizations, and college policies.
- Remain current on fundraising trends, ethics, laws, community fundraising events, national programs and fundraising activities with community colleges within Colorado.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with boards, volunteers, and a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to promote collaboration, teamwork, and partnerships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work with a broad and diverse range of people and activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Knowledge of current software applications.
- Demonstrated public relations and marketing skills.
Required Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A cover letter must be included with your resume
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of successful fundraising experience for a nonprofit organization which includes the following:
Progressive fundraising experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
Proven ability to develop and implement fundraising special events and projects.
Experience with budget planning and management.
- Understanding of various gift instruments, estate planning, trust administration, gift planning strategies, and related tax laws. (Please specify your experience with these gift instruments on your resume)
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience (within the past 7 years) demonstrating the ability to lead, collaborate, coordinate and supervise staff.
- Preferences to include experience in a higher education institution; CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) credential; experience with fund development software (Sage software preferred).
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: We offer a very competitive salary based on education and experience. The salary and benefits will be negotiated with the candidate who is selected for this position.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until October 31, 2013. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@ccaurora.edu
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”