POSITION TITLE: Grant and Data Specialist
POSITION STATUS: Professional-Technical, .5 FTE
REPORTS TO: Dean of Liberal Arts
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The grant and data specialist oversees the daily operations of Community College of Aurora’s Colorado Online Energy Training Consortium-Trade Adjustment Assistance Act grant related to the redesign of developmental education and student success. The specialist creates, modifies and implements data systems to track and analyze academic performance and prepares reports required by the grant and the Colorado Community College System. This is a part time position, working 20 hours per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures activities are conducted according to grant requirements
- Assures complete and accurate grant and data analysis and reporting
- Approves time sheets
- Maintains records
- Coordinates with college fiscal affairs staff to assure proper financial reporting
- Coordinates with Dean of Academic Affairs and developmental English and mathematics department chairs
- Coordinates with tutorial services to assure support for eligible student populations and data reporting
- Collaborates with job coach to meet levels of service to eligible student populations
- Communicates with Colorado Community College System staff and grant evaluators
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to work part time
- Demonstrated ability to manage detailed information
- Demonstrated experience working with databases
- Demonstrated experience working with federal grants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Experience with COGNOS
- Experience with student tracking databases
Anticipated Start Date: August 2013
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the mid $20,000’s depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included.For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until Friday, August 30. If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email toHR@CCAurora.edu
Application Process:To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”