POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director, TRiO Student Support Services (Grant funded until June 30, 2015)
POSITION #: 230660
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Student Success Center
SUPERVISES: Full time staff and hourly staff
Overview of the Student Success Center at CCA:
The Student Success Center at the Community College of Aurora is dedicated to increasing the retention, completion and transfer of CCA students – especially those who are underrepresented in higher education, financially under-resourced, first generation in college, nontraditional or otherwise educationally disadvantaged. We facilitate student transitions, build community and guide students through the completion of their two year degree in preparation for a successful transition to a four-year college. This academic program, open to all eligible CCA students, includes the TRiO Student Support Services program – open to 160 first generation and low income college students, the Transfer Success Program – open to 200 transfer ready (within two years of completing a degree and transferring) college students. Included in the Transfer Success Program are participants in the Mile High United Way College Pathways program who are on scholarship and will transfer to Metropolitan State University of Denver as well as Denver Scholarship Foundation scholars and Daniels Scholars – all on scholarships and intending to transfer to a four year college.
The Student Success Center provides group advising, one on one advising, peer mentoring, tutoring, a college visit program, career – transfer – financial literacy and academic success workshops, transfer planning and preparation classes as well as the opportunity to participate in learning communities centered around key college level classes such as English 121, MATH 121, HIS 201, COM 115, BIO 111 and Bus 115. Note: This is a grant funded position, that is currently only funded through June 30, 2015.
The Assistant Director position is integral to the success of CCA’s TRiO grant - overseeing the TRiO advising and tutoring program, assisting with the annual performance reporting, leading assessment initiatives, mentoring students (20 student caseload), and developing a culture of inclusiveness and academic success for TRiO participants. This position also plays a key leadership role in the Student Success Center and as such we are looking for a strong team player.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources (35%)
- Supervises, evaluates, and provides support to all TRiO Student Support Services Staff
- Assists the Director with training for staff on advising, financial aid and transfer related topics – including staff professional development and training retreats
- Provides leadership and models SSC values to staff
- Responsible for insuring an inclusive, engaging and respectful work environment/culture for staff
- Monitors and ensures time on task for TRiO Student Support Services Staff
Programming Development and Support (25%)
- Oversees the TRiO advising model
- Oversees the TRiO academic support program
- Responsible for the coordination of the TRiO tutoring program
- Assists the Director with ensuring federal compliance with all TRiO/SSS regulations and reporting requirements
- Responsible for ensuring all required project services are being offered to program participants
- Provides budget development input to the Director
- Provides oversight for TRiO Selection process
Program Assessment and Evaluation (25%)
- Responsible for program database administration, updates and data integrity
- Assists the Director with the TRiO SSS Annual Performance Report
- Ensures compliance with TRiO participant eligibility requirements including, recruitment and selection processes
- Responsible for all TRiO student files and the integrity of the documented services
- In collaboration with the Director executes assessments such as student satisfaction surveys, exit surveys and program evaluation using CAS standards
- Monitors progress toward goals and objectives stated in the grant
- Submits monthly TRiO/SSS reports to the Director
Student Support (15%)
- Maintains a caseload of 20 – 25 students
- Teaches TRiO specific AAA 101 when appropriate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
REQUIRED Qualifications:(In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with academic advising, coaching or mentoring
- Prior supervisory experience (within the past 7 years)
- Documented experience with planning and assessing program effectiveness
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Innovative, creative, energetic work style
- Understanding of the mission and purpose of a community college
- Experience teaching or facilitating groups
- Understanding of the barriers faced by first generation college students
- Understanding of the transfer process from community college to four-year institution
Highly qualified candidates will also have a passion for working with community colleges and understand the needs of a non-traditional student population. Highly qualified candidates will demonstrate openness to ambiguity, flexibility, creativity and innovation in their approaches to working with students. Highly qualified candidates will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, a willingness to take initiative and a commitment to a philosophy of continuous improvement. Finally, highly qualified candidates will demonstrate kindness and compassion for students and have a strong servant leadership and staff development philosophy.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Anticipated Salary range is in the high $30’s to low $40’s depending on experience and education. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link: Benefits.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until October 3, 2013. Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email to HR@ccaurora.edu
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”