POSITION TITLE: Reception / Web Master - Colorado Film School
POSITION STATUS: Hourly
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director and Student Success Coordinator at the Colorado Film School
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director and Student Success Coordinator, the Reception/Web master will work to develop and maintain the film/video program website and social networks. In addition the individual in this position will provide assistance to faculty, staff members and students and handle various front desk responsibilities. There are times when special events are held, therefore this individual will need to be available to work in the evenings and/or weekends on occasion as needed. This position is 28 hours per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in recruitment and outreach by scheduling and giving prospective new student tours of the CFS facilities and answer general questions about our program. Some tours may be scheduled; walk-ins will be common.
- Compile and post job listings, internships, CFS events and film festivals and other opportunities for CFS Student’s career development.
- Post/update digital job, internship, volunteer notifications on all social media sites & internal television monitors. Also be diligent in removing old postings from boards and binders.
- Assist with tracking, reporting and maintenance of film festival submissions and prospective student traffic.
- Assist daily in maintaining tidiness of the CFS facilities, to include front lounge area, hallways, classrooms, library, and kitchen.
- Greet guests and prospective students.
- General Office duties including: copying, faxing, filing, and data entry.
- Perform internet research.
- Answer phones: answer general questions about our program or direct the caller to the appropriate staff member.
- Familiarize yourself with CFS curriculum and website to better assist prospective students.
- Maintain and update news content on website, including classes, contact information, important dates, etc.
- Compose webpages and make website modifications as instructed such as build and revise online forms, export data, upload pictures, correct broken links, etc.
- Collaborate, integrate, and create graphic materials for print and web distribution.
- Provide support for CFS admissions and special events including preparation and attendance as needed.
- Dreamweaver, PHP, HTML
- Prior web building experience
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite
- Mac / PC
- A cover letter is required to be submitted with your resume
- Experience with various networking / social media programs
- Previous customer service and/or clerical experience required
- Resume and cover letter required.
- Must be available to work occasional special events which can include evenings and weekends.
- Pleasant and friendly demeanor a must.
- Must be punctual, reliable, able to work independently and be able to resolve items.
- Final Cut Pro
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish a plus!)
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary: $14.00 per hour. Working 28 hours per week.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: June 30, 2014
Start Date: It is anticipated that this position will start July 1.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to Christopher Beeson at: Christopher.Beeson@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, age or disability in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504, Age Discrimination Act, and Title II of the ADA. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, CO 80011-9036.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq.
For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
“The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment.”