EMS/Paramedics have perfect pass rates on national exam

              The Emergency Medical Services Paramedic Program at Community College of Aurora had perfect pass rates by all 15 students taking the national board registry exam on their first attempt during 2011-12, smashing national averages that had a 73 percent success rate to start.

  All 45 participants at CCA over the last two academic years passed by their second attempt. The cumulative pass rate nationally for those with three or fewer attempts was 83 and 84 percent, the last two years respectively, dating back to 2010-11.
 “The board pass rate is a reflection of the quality of education provided by the faculty and a testament to the community that supports our program,” said Richard Gentile, dean of public service and the school’s center for simulation. “The partnership with the community, providing hands-on training in the form of internships, is invaluable, as underscored by these results.”
 The classroom dynamic, aided too by high-tech simulation training, has translated to both the pass rate and employment opportunities post-graduation.
 The annual employment rate for CCA graduates in the program is holding steady at about 80 percent for paramedics. About half the remaining 20 percent find employment related to the health-care field, though not specifically as paramedics, said Beth Lattone, primary instructor in the Emergency Medical Provider and Fire Science Technology departments.
Since 2010 in the EMT-Basic program, 122 of 135 students (90.3 percent) have passed their certification exam. All but three of the successful test-takers passed on their initial attempt.  Nationally, only 79 percent of EMT-Basics over the last two years passed within even six tries.
-30-
 

 

Apply NowGet Info

Favorites

QuickLinks

Main Menu