Company Title: Mile High Youth Corps
Job Title: Regional Director: Metro Denver
Job Type: Full-Time
Description of Work:
Summary: The Regional Director: Metro Denver is a senior leadership position that contributes to the leadership of the organization and provides oversight of an array of programs in the Denver Metro area. The site has impressive program outcomes and high levels of satisfaction from community partners and participants. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Supervision and Staff Development
• Support and lead Metro Denver program staff towards agency mission and goals; consistently contributing to the team effort.
• Supervise the Program Manager: Land Conservation; Program Manager: YouthBuild, Program Manager: Energy & Water Conservation, and Program
Coordinator: Grants and Compliance.
• Ensure the Corpsmember recruitment and hiring process meets organizational and funding-related goals.
• Ensure the successful implementation of staff and Corpsmember orientations and trainings.
• Provide solution-focused support to Program Managers in addressing Corpsmember development and job performance issues.
• Promote a culturally competent youth development environment which supports and provides opportunities for diverse Corpsmembers and staff to develop new skills and experience personal growth.
• Oversee program evaluation across Metro Denver programs; ensuring goals are specific, measurable and meet targeted objectives.
• Collaborate with RiseUp Community School leadership to ensure seamless delivery of educational services.
• Develop and maintain strong, effective community partnerships occur that support organizational goals.
• Ensure program compliance with grant policies and regulations.
• Coordinate reporting for program-related funding. Ensure the consistent, accurate and timely tracking of grant and agency related outcomes.
• Ensure worksite safety and successful implementation of risk management procedures.
• Work with designated staff to ensure strong fee-for-service contracts that meet or exceed budget outcomes and provide positive work experiences.
• Serve as an active participant of the director’s team.
• Promote a positive Corps culture, build relationships across the organization, and initiate organizational improvements when appropriate.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of community agencies, educational institutions and employers that advance programmatic success.
• Support the preparation and submission of grants and funding proposals in coordination with the Development team and the CEO.
• Oversee the creation of, and ongoing management of, programmatic budgets.
• Provide effective leadership of the program leadership team.
Hours & Compensation
This is a full-time regular, exempt position with an excellent benefits package. All full-time employees qualify for paid time off including vacation, sick and personal days, and most national holidays. Salary range is $65,000-$70,000 based on experience.
The majority of office hours will be in our office at 1801 Federal Blvd. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required for Corps related functions.
Requirements (Education, Skills Experience):
• At least five years of experience in implementation of youth development programs.
• At least three years of experience in managing, mentoring and building a team.
• At least three years of experience working with diverse participants and staff.
• A proven strategic thinker with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals.
• Superior presentation ability and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in human resources, grant management, and community partnership development.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong commitment to Mile High Youth Corps’ mission, vision and values.
• Familiarity with youth corps, YouthBuild and/or alternative job training, leadership development or educational models.
• Experience with fee for service partnership development.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and documents as well as prepare budgets.
• Ability to manage complex federal grant hiring and reporting requirements.
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to work independently and manage tasks effectively.
• Knowledge of the Metro Denver area.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background screening. Must have valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
Hours: M-F 40 hrs/wk
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Closing Date (If less than 30 days):