Welcome to Elementary / Early Childhood Education!
Do you want to work in a daycare?
The minimum requirement to work as a group leader/early childhood teacher in a Colorado daycare or pre-school setting is six credits, plus a minimum of six months of verified experience. More info >>
Do you want to become a licensed professional teacher?
Get started at CCA by completing an associate of arts degree that will transfer to a four-year institution for teacher licensure. The 60-credit A.A. degree encompasses general education classes, such as History, English, Psychology and more, plus courses catered towards specialized teaching degrees. More info >>
Programs and Authorizations
The Education/Early Childhood Education Department has two programs and an authorization:
- Early Childhood Education (with two degree options and two certificates)
- Elementary Education (with an A.A. degree)
- Adult Basic Education
Follow the links for details on each program.
Degrees and Certificates
The Education/Early Childhood Education Department offers three degrees, two certificates, and an authorization:
- A.A. – Elementary Education
- A.A. – Early Childhood Education
- A.A.S. – Early Childhood Education
- Director Certificate – E.C.E.
- Early Childhood Teacher, Level I – E.C.E.
- Early Childhood Teacher, Level II - E.C.E.