Application Process: Police Academy
Apply to the Community College of Aurora for admittance as a student
- Apply online or in person at either the CentreTech or Lowry campus.
- If you are a Colorado resident, apply for the Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF) - we will help you designate it to apply to your tuition at the time of entrance to the academy.
- Start the Financial Aid process now. Call 303-360-4709 for more information.
- Academy qualifies for the GI Bill. Vets contact the CCA VA department at 303-340-7534.
- Take the entrance Accuplacer test and submit your scores to the academy with your application.
Academy Times, Requirements, and Application
- Part-time academy runs Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 6:00-10:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for approximately 11 months.
- Full-time academy runs Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for approximately 19 weeks.
- Students must be at least 21 years of age at graduation date; have no felony convictions or convictions involving domestic violence or of any of the 44 misdemeanors listed in the FAQ link. Students driving record must be satisfactory and drug usage, if any, must be very limited.
- See the FAQ link for further restrictions and information.
- Complete the application form; sign it; and mail, or bring it, to the address below.
Include the following documents with your application:
a) Copy of Birth Certificate.
b) Copy of High School Diploma or GED.
c) Copy of college transcript; copy of college diploma, if applicable.
d) Copy of Driving Record (available at any Division of Motor Vehicles Office).
e) Copy of Driver's License.
f) Copy of Health Insurance Card (all students must have some form of health insurance).
g) Students with Citizenship papers must present the original for verification by Academy Staff.
h) Students who are agency sponsored: please attach a letter on agency letterhead from your agency head stating that you are sponsored. This letter must also contain information regarding your CBI and DMV record.
i) Letter from physician stating that you are in good health and able to participate in the physical fitness aspects of the academy - must have been completed in the past six months prior to application.
j) DD214 if you have served in the military service.
After completing the necessary paperwork and obtaining all the documents, your application needs to be returned or mailed to:
(we prefer you bring your application to the Academy and meet with us - you can find the building by using GOOGLE MAPS and typing in "Center for Simulation, Aurora, CO" in the GOOGLE MAPS SEARCH box - it will show you our building on the Lowry campus)
Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy
"Center for Simulation"
9235 East 10th Drive
Building 859, Room 143
Denver, CO 80230
If you would like an application packet mailed to you contact the Program's Administrative Assistant, Stephanie Agner, at (303) 340-7076. You can also email Stephanie at email@example.com. Please include your name, address, phone number, and a detailed message.