As an online student you will have a much different "classroom" experience than a traditional student. In order to ensure that you are fully prepared for your online courses, following is a list of expectations and requirements: Students in a hybrid and/or on-line program should be comfortable with and posses the following skill sets:
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Enjoy communication in the written word
As part of your online experience, you can expect to utilize a variety of technology mediums as part of your curriculum:
- Communicate via email including sending attachments
- Navigate the World Wide Web using a Web browser such as Internet Explorer
- Use office applications such as Microsoft Office (or similar) to create documents
- Be willing to learn how to communicate using a discussion board and upload assignments to a classroom Web site
- Be comfortable uploading and downloading saved files
- Have easy access to the Internet
- Navigate D2L, including using the email component within D2L. Instructions and tutorials for this are provided in your course.
For more information or technical assistance on using the Learning Management System, please refer to the Home Page or your course.
Individual assistance can be obtained by visiting the following computer labs:
Lowry Campus, West Quad (Bldg. 903), Room 107
CentreTech Campus, Student Centre, Room 203H
Schedules of open hours are posted on the CCA Website.