With good information and planning planning your transfer path will be smooth and positive! For individualized transfer support, apply to be a part of Transfer Success today!
It’s never too early to start preparing to transfer. Starting early (at least a year in advance) allows you to fully understand your transfer options and to ensure the smoothest transfer possible.
- Meet with an academic advisor to determine your degree plan.
- Utilize career services to explore majors and possible career tracks: CCA Career Center.
- Check your degree plan regularly to be sure you are staying on track.
- Be sure you understand how your CCA Degree plan will fit into your Bachelor’s degree plan. Ensure that you are taking gTPathways coureses or are in a Degree with Designation to ensure your classes will transfer to your four-year institution.
- Meet with your four-year institution representative. They are on campus often and are always ready to meet with students.
- Keep your GPA up – in Colorado you must have a ‘C’ or better in class in order to earn transfer credit or have a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Click on the link below for a printable planning document that will help you prepare for a successful transfer.
Transfer Planning Document
Do Your Research
Colorado has world-renowned institutions that work very hard at ensuring an excellent education for all of their students. There are also online options and the option to attend school out of state. Start researching these options now! As you explore the websites of the four-year schools you are interested in keep the following in mind:
- Admissions requirements such as grade point average (GPA), letters of recommendation, etc. (If you plan to attend school in Colorado, check Colorado's Transfer Admission Standards)
- Do the schools you are exploring have degree programs you are interested in?
- Cost of attendance and financial aid
Take the time to call the four-year schools’ financial aid office to understand important dates and deadlines and what types of financial aid will be available to you. Click on the following links for more information:
Completing the Transfer
Once you have decided where you plan to transfer to and you have created a plan for transferring there will be some things you need to do in order to successfully make the transition.
- Submit your application for admission
- Check to see if there are any types of application fees or fee waivers
- Request copies of your transcripts to be sent to your selected institution
- Click here to request a copy of your CCA Transcripts
- Meet with a transfer advising specialist at the school you plan to attend in order to understand how your credits will transfer
- Attend any orientations that are offered at your chosen institution
Now that you have begun the process of preparing to transfer you might also consider the value of earning your associates degree before transferring.
Benefits of Graduating from the Community College of Aurora