BENEFITS OF COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF AURORA COMPLETION
Consider the benefits of earning an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree:
- Save Money: Community College of Aurora’s tuition rate is approximately 1/3 of the cost of most public four-year colleges and universities in Colorado.
- Establish your track record: Completion of a degree shows a student’s success at the college level.
- Class Size: Often, classes at the community college are smaller than the classes you’ll attend at a four-year institution.
- Employment: If you plan on finding employment while completing your Bachelors, it looks great on your resume to have a completed Associate’s Degree. Having an Associate’s Degree will make you look more competitive in your job search as well!
- Confidence that your classes will transfer: Colorado Community College System’s 60+60 Bachelor’s Degree Transfer Program - Completion of the 60+60 Bachelor’s Degree Transfer Program and an AA or AS degree with a grade of C or better in each class qualifies the student to transfer under this policy in liberal arts and sciences to public four-year colleges and universities in Colorado. NOTE: Degrees that have current state-wide agreements (Teacher preparation, Business, Engineering, and Nursing) have specific course requirements – consult your faculty advisor for details. These agreements may be found below.
Individual course transfer agreements, maintained by four-year colleges and universities, list course-by-course equivalencies for students transferring prior to completing the AA/AS degree. These course-by-course listings are available in the agreements section below. Students wishing to transfer after completing AA/AS degrees should work closely with their faculty advisor to follow 60 + 60 requirements or approved articulation agreements.