The Academic Learning Center Welcomes You!
Fall Semester Hours
Due to concerns related to COVID-19, access to the Academic Learning Center is by appointment only.
CentreTech, Classroom Building, Rm C-109
- Monday-Tuesday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday: Remote Only
Lowry, West Quad, Rm 106
- Monday-Tuesday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday: Remote Only
- Saturday: 10 am – 2:00 pm
Academic Learning Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Community College of Aurora is to serve our diverse community by providing high-quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment. The Academic Learning Center (ALC) supports this mission by:
- Helping students become independent learners
- Increasing student confidence
- Cultivating skills that will lead to student success
The Academic Learning Center empowers students to achieve their learning goals through a collaborative tutoring and learning approach. We also work to transform student learning into something both meaningful and personal.
Services for Students:
- Writing Studio: Writing Studio sessions are designed to help students implement writing concepts learned in class, organize and develop ideas, integrate source materials, recognize and revise grammar and syntactical issues, and argue effectively.
- English Second Language (ESL) Tutoring: ESL tutoring supports students with assignments meant to build basic English writing and language skills. Tutors assist with speaking, listening, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar course work.
- Math Tutoring: math tutoring provides help with math-related homework and provides strategies for studying, organizing, and finding relevant materials. Math tutors also encourage independence by guiding students to check their own work.
- Resource Handouts: The ALC has various handouts related to grammar, writing, and math available for student use.
- Learning Strategies Workshops: The ALC provides learning strategies workshops on a variety of topics related to student success such as: basic computer literacy, research and citations, and study skills.
- Basic Computer Assistance: Both the West Quad and Classroom Building locations offer basic computer assistance such as help with D2L and Microsoft word.
- English Skills For Success Program: This program is designed to support English Language Learner students who are not in the ESL program. Students who apply and are accepted into the program commit to attend a 45-minute tutoring session once-per-week. These sessions are focused on helping students meet their personal English language goals.
Collaborative – Supportive – Encouraging – Resourceful – Empowering – Transformational
Director, Academic Learning Center
CentreTech Campus, Classroom Building, Room 109C