As a potential International Student, there are several steps you must go through to get your Visa approved. The pages within this website explain in detail everything you need to do to get your F-1 Visa, but in general, the steps are as follows:
1. Get an I-20 from the school you wish to attend. See the "I-20 Checklist" for details.
2. Submit your I-20 and all items listed on the "Visa Checklist" to apply for your Visa.
3. Register for classes at least three weeks before the term starts (please note that you will have a much better selection of courses if you register earlier).
4. Check-in with the Curriculum & Records Manager at the Community College of Aurora.
5. Start your classes!
6. Make sure you maintain your status (see the Maintaining Your Status section of this website).
By definition, F-1 Visa students are classified as "Non-Resident" for tuition purposes. The estimated cost for one year as an International Student is $27,563.00*.
*Additional documentation of $3000 for a spouse and $1500 for each child is required if the spouse/child(ren) will join the student in the US.
**Medical insurance costs are determined by student age. The actual amount may vary.