COVID-19 Updates: View our COVID-19 Protocol Information and our Fall 2022 Course Plan

International Students - Getting Started

How do I get started?

As a potential International Student, there are several steps you must go through to get your Visa approved. The pages within this website explain in detail everything you need to do to get your F-1 Visa, but in general, the steps are as follows:

1. Get an I-20 from the school you wish to attend. See the "I-20 Checklist" for details.
2. Submit your I-20 and all items listed on the "Visa Checklist" to apply for your Visa.
3. Register for classes at least three weeks before the term starts (please note that you will have a much better selection of courses if you register earlier).
4. Check-in with the Designated School Official in the Admissions, Registration and Records Office at the Community College of Aurora.
5. Start your classes!
6. Make sure you maintain your status (see the Maintaining Your Status section of this website).

We have created an inquiry form that you can complete that will provide some additional information AND will provide your contact information to the International Students School Official.

How much does it cost?

By definition, F-1 Visa students are classified as "Non-Resident" for tuition purposes. The estimated cost for one year as an International Student is $36,300.00*.

*Additional documentation of $4000 for a spouse and $2500 for each child is required if the spouse/child(ren) will join the student in the US.

**Medical insurance costs are determined by student age. The actual amount may vary.

Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu