Skip to main content

I-20 Step-by-Step

I-20 Step-by-Step Instructions

The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is authorized to issue the form I-20 to potential students seeking an F-1 or M-1 Visa. Following is a list of criteria each new or transfer student must meet. All forms below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access these files. If you don't have this program, it's available as a free download from the Adobe Systems Website. Download the free Adobe Reader now.

  • If this is your first time applying for an I-20, please follow steps 1-5. Make sure that you provide all requested documents with the completed application form.

  • If you already have an F-1 or M-1 Visa and want to transfer to CCA, please follow steps 1-6

  • Once you arrive at CCA, follow these steps


Complete the Community College of Aurora (CCA) paper application and mail all required documents (see below):

Attn: International Student Admissions
16000 E. CentreTech Parkway
Aurora, CO, 80011



Have your sponsor(s) complete the CCA Affidavit of Financial Support form and document that pledged support is available by submitting bank records. All bank records must be issued within the last 6 months. All financial figures must be converted to US dollars.
Please provide bank statements with the following minimum amounts:
  • $15,127.00 if you plan on living with a relative or friend
  • $24,127.00 if you plan on renting an apartment.
FULL TUITION PAYMENT IS DUE TWO WEEKS BEFORE CLASSES BEGIN EACH SEMSTER.Failure to pay in full may result in cancellation of the I-20.



Demonstrate/Document English Proficiency Level using one of the following options:

a. Students must take the Accuplacer at CCA and score at an appropriate level in order to take College level courses.

b. Students who are interested in taking only English language courses will take the LOEP (Level of English Proficiency) test at CCA to determine their current level of English ability. After completing the English language program, students may advance to college level courses.

c. If the student has previously taken and passed a College-level English course at a US College, he or she may submit an official transcript showing the completion of the course.



Submit all prior academic credentials (high school equivalent or higher). If you wish to transfer credits to CCA, the credentials MUST BE the originals of official documents.



Complete the CCA International Student Intake Form


STEP 6 (Only for students who already have an F-1 Visa and want to transfer to CCA)

Students who currently hold an F-1 Visa and are planning to transfer to CCA from another institution must also request that their current school complete the CCA SEVIS Transfer Form. Return the completed form to CCA’s International Student Advisor.

  • CCA Application for Admission (see step 1)
  • CCA Affidavit of Financial Support (see step 2)
  • Original Bank Statements reflecting the required funds for your first year at CCA (see step 2)
  • High School or College transcripts
  • International Student Intake form (see step 5)
  • CCA SEVIS Transfer Form (step 6), if applicable


Once you arrive at CCA, please follow steps 1-5

  1. Present your current Visa and Passport to CCA’s International Student Advisor so that we can make a copy.

  2. Complete the entire Accuplacer exam (Sentence Skills, Reading Skills, and Math) or LOEP if you haven’t already done so.

  3. Register for classes at least three weeks before the start of the semester.

  4. If your visa was obtained through a change of status, you will also need to submit the Notice of Action letter that changed your status.

  5. Obtain health insurance that will cover any medical expenses while you are in the United States. Please bring a copy of proof of insurance coverage to the International Students Advisor.



Apply Now Get Info
Apply Now Get Info



Main Menu