COVID-19 Updates: View our COVID-19 Protocol Information and our Fall 2022 Course Plan

Visa Step-by-Step

Once you have your I-20

Once you have received your I-20 from the Community College of Aurora, you need to apply for your student visa. Please pick the option below that is appropriate for your situation.

Following is a list of the most frequently used forms in the application process for a new or transfer F-1 or M-1 student visa. Some of these forms are located on the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) website and others are on CCA's website. All forms below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat to access these files. If you don't have this program, it's available as a free download from the Adobe Systems Website. Download the free Adobe Reader now.

Obtaining an F-1 visa at a US Consular Office

If you are still in your home country and plan to apply for your visa from home, your application must include the following items:

  • Properly completed Form I-20
  • Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses
  • Evidence of English ability sufficient for course of study
  • Evidence of intent to depart US after completion of studies
  • Passport valid for at least six months
  • Photograph
  • Machine Readable Visa (MRV) surcharge fee (currently $160)
  • Visa reciprocity fee (if applicable, varies by country—check with your consular office for exact amount)
  • Complete the I-901 and pay the $350 SEVIS fee. You can complete the form and pay online at

    You will need to input your SEVIS student number (the number in the upper right corner of your I-20 that begins with an "N") and the CCA School Code (also on your I-20--begins with DEN) on the I-901.

  • Submit all of the above to the consular office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.



Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu