Military & Veterans
Military & Veteran Services is part of the Advising department at Community College of Aurora. We have a dynamic veterans and military community at CCA and we are committed to assisting you in achieving your educational goals. This information is designed to provide you with the tools and guidelines you need to smoothly navigate in the academic world. Students can find more information about their benefits and eligibility rules through D2L.
Using Tuition Assistance through the military? Start here!
The Getting Started Checklist has all of the important steps for students using tuition assistance through the military to get start. Visit the Military Tuition Assistance page for information on applying for TA, TA-approved tuition rates for CCA, and instructions on submitting your approval. TA is processed through the Third-Party Billing Office: 303-360-4827.
I'm using education benefits through Veterans Affairs, what do I need to do?
- Work through the Getting Started Checklist.
- Apply for benefits and submit your documentation to CCA. The VA's website offers a wealth of information on GI Bill® benefits. Contact the VA Education Office at 1-888-442-4551 if you have questions about what benefits you qualify for and for questions about your pay.
- Make sure to submit your transcripts from all prior colleges and the military prior to your 3rd semester. The early you get these in, the better. Click here for more information.
- A new Request for Certification must be submitted each semester before your enrollment will be reported to the VA. The priority deadline for submitting a request is 3 business weeks prior to the start of the semester (May 11th for summer classes, August 3rd for fall classes). Requests may be submitted after this date, but a determination of eligibility cannot be guaranteed by the start of classes. Changes to your schedule will not be reported to the VA until after courses start once CCA has reported your enrollment for the semester.
Veteran Services Scholarship
The Community College of Aurora Foundation offers a Veteran Services Scholarship for $500-$1000/academic year. Eligibility requirements include:
- GPA: 2.0
- Criteria: Honorably discharged veterans who are no longer eligible to receive Veteran's Affairs educational benefits.
- Funds: Tuition, fees & books
- Credit Hours: Minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
This scholarship is administered by the CCA Financial Aid Office and all questions, including application deadlines, should be referred to Financial Aid: 303-360-4709 or FinancialAid.CCA@CCAurora.edu.
Schedule an appointment by phone or email:
P: 303-360-4768|F: 303-361-7432
Assistant Director, Military & Veteran Services
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.