The Office of Student Life develops student leaders who are committed to personal growth and are dedicated, involved, and engaged in their communities, through intentional programming, student organization participation, and building meaningful relationships within an inclusive learning environment.
We support CCA's committment to Inclusive Excellence by providing quality, inclusive, and responsive programming and services outside the classroom. Learn more about our Inclusive Excellence at CCA.
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together.
CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our College community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success.
Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies. The CCA community will be transformed through the following actions:
Facilitate opportunities for cross-cultural interaction
- Create an Inclusive Excellence plan
- Incorporate evidence-based and inclusive teaching strategies and curricula in the classroom
- Provide high quality, inclusive, and responsive programming and services outside the classroom
- Provide intentional faculty and staff professional development that focuses on the implementation of Inclusive Excellence
- Identify, prioritize, and allocate resources that support Inclusive Excellence
- Foster a climate for open dialogue
Student LearningThe Office of Student Life is committed to enhancing student learning at CCA. We want students’ out-of-the-classroom experiences to be intentional and fun. Take a look at our learning domains, which are the main areas of learning we focus on.