Tips for Reading
- Underline and highlight key ideas when reading.
- Take good notes on your reading, using your own words.
- Write descriptions that summarize information presented in nonverbal modes, such as through charts and graphs.
- Do all optional and supplemental readings.
- Take good notes in class, as you may remember more from your written words than from the instructor's spoken words.
- If a class involves significant non-reading elarning, such as learning hands-on phsycial processes, study with other students who are kinesthetic or "doing" learners.
CCA Office of Student Life