Transfer FAQs

What is a DWD?

A DWD is a Degree with Designation. As a CCA student, you have the capability to follow a prearranged program path, which will allow you to transfer your degrees or programs and enroll as a junior at any Colorado public four-year institution. The associate degrees of designation include Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Elementary Education, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and Spanish as well as Associate of Science Degrees in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, and Psychology.

Visit the Degrees and Certificates page to learn more about our Degrees with Designation.

Do you offer campus visits?

Yes, campus visits are available to all CCA students by requesting a tour. Campus visits give CCA students the ability to make sure that the college or university of your choice is truly a good fit for them. We offer many campus visits throughout the year. 

What are Guaranteed Transfer Pathways?

Guaranteed Transfer Pathways or gtPATHWAYS are a set of general education courses that the state guarantees to transfer. Receiving institutions shall apply guaranteed general education courses to a student's general education or major requirements. Approved courses in gtPATHWAYS are not based on course equivalencies but meet content and competency criteria.

Students may transfer their college credits to any Colorado public two- or four-year college or university. Check with the accepting institution for credit acceptance and applicability. If you have questions or need help, contact an Academic Advisor.

For a detailed list of courses or more information, visit the website of the Colorado Community College System.

What GPA do I need to have to transfer?

All four-year institutions have a minimum GPA requirement to be enrolled. It is important that all CCA students meet with a representative from the four-year school of their choice to ensure they are eligible for transfer.  

Will the 4-year school accept all of my credits?

Each college and university has different policies on how many incoming credits they will accept. CCA encourages you to call the Admissions Department of the school you are interested in and ask about their transfer evaluation procedure. Also remember that all gtPathway courses are transferable to any Colorado four-year institution. 

Where can I find the transfer guides to my 4-year institution?

If you are starting at the Community College of Aurora and plan to transfer to a Colorado public four-year institution then please visit the transfer guide for the institution and bachelor’s degree you intend to complete. The transfer guide will tell you what courses to take at CCA as part of your associate’s degree that will transfer and apply to the bachelor’s degree requirements at the university.

Do the admissions representatives from the 4-year institutions come on campus?

Yes, admissions representatives from Colorado four-year institutions come to both CCA campuses. CCA students can schedule a 30-minute admissions appointment to see they are ready to apply for admissions to their chosen 4-year college. All sessions are located in the Transfer Office in the Administration Building, Room A105. Colorado four-year admissions representatives also set up welcome tables on campus to meet with CCA students. You will find four-year representatives tabling at CentreTech in the Classroom building and at Lowry in the lobby of the West Quad. 

How often do I need to meet with my advisor?

CCA suggests that students meet with an academic advisor more than once a semester. Choosing classes or determining your degree status is only part of advising. Academic advisors can also assist students in other areas, including research, internships, volunteer experiences, long-term career goals and the transfer process.  

Why is it important that my two-year college be accredited?

Four-year colleges and universities only accept transfer credit from schools formally recognized by a regional, national, or professional educational agency. Accreditation ensures that all higher learning institutions have adequate facilities, faculty, course requirements, and educational standards to provide students with a legitimate education that will be beneficial to the students and potential future employers of graduates.


Apply NowGet Info



Main Menu